Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 2016
SCADA and ME - A Book For Children and Management hits its marketed demographics perfectly. In my previous job as a SCADA software developer I had at least 30-40 computing/programming/security books on my desk for anyone to read. This book, out of all the others, was the most borrowed and read book.

Content wise it is well illustrated, and covers the salient points of SCADA Security in language anyone can understand.

Whilst dedicated technicians may not learn much new from this book, it is handy to have to pass on to the clueless manager. In that regard SCADA and Me ranks up there with "The Mythical Man Month" as a management training tool.
on 20 June 2015
Utter drivel. I fail to see who the intended audience for this book is. Its of no interest to children, it is far too simplistic for IT people. Hard though that is to believe. I did have the worrying thought that it might be for American forces but are they really that thick? Just what is the relationship between the boy and Matt? I shudder to think. One star is far too hign but Amazon don't allow negative stars. Some people in my work found it amusing but I cannot vouch for their warped humour. How does rubbish like this get published. Save yourself some money and google the acronym instead.
on 27 October 2015
This is a plain and simple example of why you need to be able to give negative scores.

As a Designer of Control Systems I was looking forward to a book that explained the work I do to my kids. Instead I got a political rant about cyber security.

This book looks like the author went postal with the pen rather than an Uzi. I suppose we have to be thankful for small mercies.

A total misrepresentation of the product. Should be asking for a refund but the time would cost me more than the loss.
on 22 February 2014
In an IT dominant world it is hard to understand how different the the world of industrial control systems is. This book provides a bridge to seeing what is over there on the other side. First thing one comes to realise is that a Windows Certified Diploma will not help you understand things like SCADA and PLC. After this book one should go on to reading heavier books by Langner, Weiss, Brodsky and Radanovsky. Then its time to call your local utility and ask to come over for a visit to talk about cybersecurity. The meeting is gauranteed to surprise both sides but very much worth the effort.
on 18 November 2013
I bought this for me kids and they loved it. It's also a great book for adults as an introduction to SCADA systems.
on 2 January 2015
It's alright, expected as little more than what the acronym means and where it's used though