Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 March 2016
It was good to finally have the mystery surrounding Mack's, erm, how to put it, her...biology? The is she a mage? Is she a shifter? Is she a bit of both? question answered in kind but I'm assuming we will get the full answer in the next book, so of course I'll be buying it as soon as this review is posted as with the previous books.

P.S. I'm also impatiently waiting for the Mack/Corrigan thing to happen properly.
on 4 April 2013
A little bit Harry pottery this one, I really do love the characters the sense of humour, some total laugh out loud moments are just brilliant. U will LOVE some parts in the book, where as a reader u will think YES AT LAST!!!!! Just bloody BRILLIANT not as fast moving as the last two books of the series thou the final chapter's make up for it. I so can not wait for the fourth book . I also love the splash of romance in these books fantastic series Helen Harper pls keep writing x
on 24 August 2017
Plenty of action and questions answered in this third book of the series. Mack has finely come into her own and developed her powers which is great to see.
on 3 September 2017
Loved it.. really grabbed by this series now! Reading the whole lot in one go just addictive. Cant wait to see what happens next
on 14 August 2013
I'm really enjoying this set of books, ive been ready way past my bed time but its wort it :)
on 11 March 2013
I've officially decided that this is one of those series that might never end. There will always be one more adventure for Mack. I'm a little peeved about that, starting to feel a little strung along. Be that as it may, I enjoyed the book. Perhaps not as much as the first two. Focusing as this one does on Mack's experience in the school it has a bit more of a Harry Potter feel to it and the series seems to have lost a little of it's earlier focus. Mack is still a smart mouthed, hot head. Corrigan is still a sexy shifter. Alex is still funny and Solus is...well, still Solus. Of all the new characters I like Thomas the best, though I don't think he grovels anywhere near enough for his initial misdeed and his personality takes about a 180 from his first meeting with Mack to his subsequent meetings. There's a fairly big reveal in this storyline, but it still ends completely open for the next book, Blood Politics (which is apparently due out later this year). I enjoy the experience of reading the Blood Destiny books, but with no conclusion in sight I don't know that I'll be running out for more.
on 15 February 2016
I am going to review all 5 books in this series together as I read through them all so fast I am not sure anymore where one began and another ended. I am very glad I come across these after the author had finished the series as I would have found it an excruciating wait! To say that these books were addictive is an understatement. I literally put my life on hold for a week to read them, and what an enjoyable week it was. I discovered Helen Harper about 2 months ago and am slowly working my way through everything of hers and loved all that I have read.

This series of 5 books contains everything I look for, quality writing, interesting plot, great world building and a main character to fall for (with of course an even hotter alpha male thrown in for good measure). Mack was likeable from the very first moment we met her, she took on a huge journey to discover her heritage and go from were pack member to being an outcast, then to one of the most important members of the supernatural society. I loved that we took the scenic route around the UK, from the wilds of Cornwall via Scotland to London, stopping a few places in-between. The supernatural world had everything, including the political interplay between the main groups of Fae, Were and Mages. Some things that stood out were the Were themselves, not just wolves but a whole array of animals. The vampires deserve special mention, these vampires certainly did not sparkle and to be honest were similar to what I think they would end up being if they were indeed real! I loved the friends that mack made along the way, with special mentions to Alex, Solus and Aubrey. This was indeed a roller coaster of a journey and I laughed (there was fantastic humour throughout) and cried. The ending was kind of bittersweet and possibly a little abrupt but still satisfying although I would love a peek into the future sometime. Thank you Helen Harper for a fantastic read.
on 15 May 2013
If you love fantasy, magic, shifters, vampires and all the other mythical creatures out there, then you will really enjoy the Blood Destiny series by Helen Harper.
The story is about a twenty-something woman who was raised by a shifter pack and endures the twist and turns of her life to try and discover what she really is if she isn't human.....

I really enjoyed reading this series and am now waiting as patiently as I can for the next book of the series.
The pace of the story is nice and comfortable and the use of the ancient Gaelic language is a nice touch.
This is an adult story as there is some strong language.
I will be looking forward to reading more books by Helen Harper. I like the style of writing very much.
The story is engaging and difficult to put down so I think it definitely deserves a 5 star rating, as I got a lot of enjoyment and the storyline is right up my street!
Nice work Helen!
on 10 April 2013
A tale of a red haired woman with the corresponding temper that goes along with it trying to find out what she is. Tall dark and handsome alpha male shifter trying to woo said woman. Throw In some mages some vampires and mix. Resulting story is engrossing and I eagerly await the next instalment.
on 2 May 2013
I'm thoroughly enjoying this series and am looking forward to the next instalment. The books are based around Mack who grows up within a shifter community and starts to learn about her own heritage, which we learn more about throughout the series. Mack is a strong female character and very likeable. There are a number of other characters that stay constant in all the books and helps to give the books a good solid basis which fantasy books can often lack. The action scenes are well written and there's a hint of romance that adds to the books. If you like Ilona Andrews and the Kate Daniels stories then I would think there is a strong chance you'll enjoy these books. I'm eager to know what happens in the next book.