on 25 July 2014
I have been an Evernote user for over ten years, I've stuck with it through the various innovations, re-designs, seemingly retrograde steps and bold advances because it s such a useful programme. Although not an 'Evernote Ninja' I now my way around and having read David Allen's Book some years ago I have tried to apply some of the tenets contained therein to my use of Evernote with varying degrees of success.
I saw this and thought this could be the answer, I mean if someone's already figured it out why re-invent the wheel, sadly no great insight was forthcoming and I was left with a disappointing feeling that I had been conned. The book does a reasonable job of giving you a synopsis of GTD and providing a Newbie guide to Evernote, both of which I don't need; what it doesn't do in my opinion is provide a framework for the successful marriage of the two. A better alternative is 'The Secret Weapon - An Original Manifesto - A No Nonsense Approach to Personal Productivity' which can be downloaded from the Web for free.
on 21 November 2013
Don't get me wrong, it's not as bad as some low quality books I've read. You know the one where it's basically just and advert for the authors low quality premium service. But it just feels as it's a collection of blog posts supplemented by an eLance writer trying to up the word count on his book.

Better of reading the original GTD book and using common sense to implement it on Evernote...
on 15 February 2015
Truly Sorry, Dominic.
I cannot honestly give you more than 2 stars. I don't hate it, although I hated to spend £6.90 on it.
Your GTD summary is inaccurate and incomplete, creating confusion for the later implementation of the system on Evernote.
Your summary of Evernote features is pretty weak and again does not add value to the topic at hand, implementing GTD on Evernote.
Your two approaches at implementation are full of flawed narrative and logical holes - it is to say the least, incomplete.
I would say that for £6.90 you would expect thoroughness, logical arguments, tested instructions and some value. GTD costs £9 and it is full of value.
Instead you deliver a £1 booklet that is less informational than the instructions posted on Evernote's website for free.

ALL: Read GTD and you will get better info on how to do your own implementaion on any platform - and it will work
on 19 May 2014
Detailed instructions on how to turn Evernote into a task management tool, which is what I wanted to read about and why I bought the book. But there are so many good to do list and team management apps and programs that are more intuitive and natively designed to manage your tasks. I love Evernote and use it as my "second brain" - there is a good illustration in this book with a box which asks "Is it Actionable." Personally I feel Evernotes strength is in its ability to deal with things that aren't actionable, and use todoist or a similar task manager for the rest.

The book is short but well written, but didn't provide the ah ha moment I was hoping for with regard to the way I use Evernote.
on 3 November 2013
Good book which explains the best way to combine GTD with Evernote to further increase personal productivity.

PLUS POINTS: short, hence a quick and easy read; easy to apply; easily searchable on Kindle or other e-reader
DOWNSIDE: the book does give overviews of both GTD and Evernote, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement the practices in the book unless you have some prior experience of both GTD and Evernote

Recommended both for Evernote users looking to refine their personal productivity and GTD practitioners looking to move towards an electronic implementation (instead of paper based)
on 25 October 2013
I have been trying to find a task manager for a long time. Everthing i tried was not frexible enough. Evernote is very flexible but without knowing the way to setup the system it was hard to implement a task manager. This book showed me the wat.
on 13 October 2013
Good brief overview of the GTD method of organisation and then how to use Evernote to achieve it. It is brief as it should be and I can't wait to start using the methods described tomorrow.
on 10 January 2014
This is an excellent book even if you have not read Allen's original Getting Things Done (GTD). It is a clear and practical way to get into the system and more importantly, exactly how to set up Evernote in actually using the GTD system (or OneNote for that matter if you use that application) You will probably need to do more reading about the GTD system. This is fine, as it leaves the reader to decide whether they want to research further rather than be put off having to start a much longer book.

I would probably have commented that you can use other applications - OneNote is the obvious choice because of its tight integration with the Outlook email and scheduling client.

Well worth the money and you get a surprise download at the end of the book about overcoming procrastination.
on 29 October 2013
VEry useful little book that explains how to use evernote app to implement GTD.
Can be read in a day although it takes more than one day to master GTD, so get ready!
on 23 August 2014
I bought this book in order to learn how to implement the GTD system in Evernote,and as a novice I wanted walking through the whole process from beginning to end. This book explains about two thirds of the process and then just stops. Why the author has done that I just can't fathom; he obviously knows the program very well and rates it highly. It seems midway through the book something more interesting caught his eye and he wandered off.
I can't remember ever wanting to throw away a book I'd paid good money for, but this could well be the first.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse