Customer reviews

on 1 November 2017
Didn't love it as much as The Christmas Throwaway, but still a warm heartening and sweet story. Both MCs had a moment ten years previously, and meet up later when one tracks the other down. It's quite a romantic tale, I liked the way in which their friendship picked up, and then developed into something more. The romance is well done, and apart from a small amount of angst, the pathway to romance runs pretty smoothly. As one would expect from Rj Scott, it's very well written and the characters beautifully penned. It certainly made me smile and gave me the warm fuzzies. Short, but sweet. 4 and a half stars.
on 30 April 2017
Great story 👌
on 12 December 2017
I'm a bit late to be reading this book. I only discovered RJ Scott's books a couple of years ago and she has a huge backlist for me to catch up on. 😊

As this is one of her earlier works I was surprised in some ways that it has a lot of the same feel as her later works that I love. I say this because I know that authors often say that their craft improves over time. What I'm trying to say is that I think this book is every bit as good as her more recent books that have made me fall in love with her writing.

Chris has been dealt a confidence crushing blow – being dismissed from his teaching job at an uppity private school. He's at a real low point when Daniel comes back into his life. Chris can't believe that Daniel had feelings for him years ago and is having trouble accepting that he wants him now. Daniel's wealth just adds to Chris's feelings of inadequacy and disbelief that Daniel could want to be with someone like him.

New York Christmas had me tearing up early on. The fact that my emotions were so quickly involved while reading the book is a measure I use to gage my opinion of the story. New York Christmas hit me on a lot of levels. I felt the connection between Daniel and Chris right from the start and wanted to shake Chris to get him to wake up and realize how much Daniel cares for him.

I don't feel like there was a lot of angst in this story and a certain amount of conflict is always needed to keep things interesting. Daniel is a NYC police officer and that definitely comes into play in a big way.

RJ Scott always delivers an HEA for her guys and I will be reading her books as long as she keeps writing them for fans like me.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 November 2016
This is a sweet-ish tale of a couple of guys who'd had a moment about 10 years previously, but had then lost touch with each other when one graduated and left uni, until the other tracks him down. Sweet!

It was rather romantic in that sense and I liked the explanation of the guy who went looking, and I liked how they pretty much picked up with the friendship - which quickly changed into something more - and that neither seemed hung up on their individual pasts. There was the tiniest bit of an issue that reared its head enough to be a slight bit of drama, but it made me sad that in this day and age the source of said drama was something that so many are working hard to eradicate - discrimination based on someone's sexuality.

There was also a little unnecessary drama with the arrival of one's parents, that was kind of neither here nor there, and then a little clunky back-tracking to make things right.

However, it ended with all coming together right for the guys, with their new life together having started, and about to be cemented in a way that we romance lovers love.

Copy courtesy of the author and Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure.
on 12 December 2017
Hmm. I liked this one but I didn't *love* it.

Chris and Daniel knew each other in college and both harboured a secret crush on the other that never amounted to more than a drunken fumble after a party. They meet up some years later when Daniel tracks Chris down at the bakery where he works and they start seeing each other. The story takes place in the weeks leading up to Christmas (thus the title) and our heroes dates are filled with Christmassy references. There is the inevitable conflict and a happy end but this just left me unsatisfied.

I didn't feel connected to either Chris or Daniel very much at all, both their backstories were felt unfinished. It is a sweet, Christmas-filled story and I do recommend it to anyone looking for a Christmas romance but this was just not my sort of a story this time around.
on 20 December 2012
Yes, this wasn't a bad little tale, and the happy ending was to be hoped for and expected, but it didn't leave me with a feeling of 'aw bless' like the other book did. Nice, but not quite as nice as The Christmas Throwaway.
on 16 December 2012
This is another excellent book by R J Scott Although not really a Christmas story it gives a warm Christmas feeling. Two young men meeting up again after a long time apart finally get what they wanted for Christmas.Their story is one that says maybe one day my wish may come true.Reading their story is a great way to spend an evening.
on 6 February 2013
nice book,well written the romance is well done and the male sex scenes are hot.
the characters are well portrayed and you do get a good feel for them.
does have a christmas setting but a nice read for a cold night.
on 11 August 2014
Wow, I am totally in love with this author..who knows how to pen the characters so beautifully..
After reading her books, one could only wish and hope that a sequel is already in the making..
Amazing read.
on 11 February 2013
I loved this book, great story.....without page after page of sex. I could not put this book down, it makes you smile, and times makes you cry buckets. This book is a superb read.