Customer reviews

A Younger Man
Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 August 2013
If you want endless sex with a minimum of story this is for you. I enjoy sex as part of a book but not endless, repetitive,descriptions in mind numbing detail. i will not be buying anymore of this author.
I have now given this book an extra star after trying it again. It has greatly increased my understanding of the uses of carrots.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 July 2014
This book is one of my favourite books. Amazing writer who covers the age gap between the 2 main characters. The realisation of sexuality. Dealing with family opposition. Have read this book 6 times and every time is like the first. Will read this again and again. Brilliant
on 25 March 2016
I loved this book, the characters were likeable and the story was well written.
on 4 May 2015
I can't find anything to fault this book, so 5 star it is, carrot and all. The characters, both main and secondary, the feelings, the sexual tension, the hotness, the feelings, the love, the... everything!
on 7 March 2014
I really enjoyed this book, loved the characters and thought the price of the book was reasonable I would definitely recommend it.
on 7 July 2014
a truly romantic story, many gay men can associate with this book
on 14 February 2013
Good enough story to begin with, but dragged on and turned into too much description and not enough story. Could have been written in half the time.
3 people found this helpful
on 17 September 2014
OK, but the sex was very repetitive.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 August 2012
...Please don't get me wrong, as I'm not 'dissing' this book in any way, but the only small gripe that I have with it**********SLIGHT SPOILER************is that Zane is just shy of his 25th birthday, and has never even had a girlfriend, let alone a boyfriend, and for him to suddenly decide he's totally, irrevocably, no-discussions-needed gay, didn't quite ring as realistic. Yes, it's fiction, and it's a romance, and yes, it ends with a great HEA, and I liked it, but the latter came only 1 year after their love affair started, and this book needed a HEA several years down the line.

Both characters had suppressed themselves in order to look out for others, to do the right thing by the people they loved, so they didn't really have time to find themselves, which did need to be explored. As the tale ended, I found myself hoping that the characters will appear as side characters in a later tale.

Off the back of this, I went and bought Sirus and Grey's tale, which has turned out to be a total 5* Keeper of a tale. Thanks, Cameron Dane, for two great reads.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 August 2012
I've griped before about m/m romances that have the two main characters jumping into bed, doing the horizontal mambo within a couple of pages and then having sex every other paragraph!

Well, HURRAH!! This lovely story gets it just right. Noah and Zanes romance is perfect.
What I really loved was that Cameron Dane kept the sexual attraction between the two of them simmering for a long time and the will they/won't they tension was written so well that I was almost sorry when the inevitable happened. Once they do get together the sex is sizzling but it never feels repetitive. The actual story that runs alongside the romance contains some conflict and angst but is well balanced, so you never feel bogged down and it leads to a HEA that left me feeling contented and very satisfied. It was a lovely ending, full of new starts for everybody involved but especially Zane who starts the story with not a lot going for him till he meets Noah. Bless him!

The story before this ' Greys Awakening ' introduces Noah and was also a cracking book. It's not essential to get it first but you'd be doing yourself a disfavour if you don't, as it's also a 5* read and keeper. Get them both now!
2 people found this helpful