on 31 December 2013
I actually quite enjoyed this book. It's a debut novel by a new author and though rough in places is an enjoyable read. The only real gripe I have is either the contemporary language used, it just doesn't come across well. Well worth a read though and I would like to see McKay grow as a writer.
on 30 July 2014
love it, the quintesential english hero
on 10 February 2014
We are proud to announce that Wolf’s Head (The Forest Lord) by Steven A. McKay is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
on 21 December 2014
Did not read it robin hood by any other name
Bad way to sell books to pay for something by changing the titles
on 10 September 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Wolf's Head is a fresh take on the Robin Hood legend, and doesn't shy away from the realities of being an outlaw at this point in history. There's plenty of action and good - if not strong - character development. Occasionally some unnecessary internal dialogue or a clunky conversation will shatter the illusion, but generally this is a good story cleverly woven together, that keeps you turning the pages.
on 3 January 2014
When I first started to read "Wolf's Head" I thought that I would not like it. However once a few pages had gone by I was really into it and finished it in a couple of days over the holiday. I liked the style, especially the language - I do not like authors who try to replicate "old English" just to make the novel seem authentic when we all know it is fiction.
Looking forward to the sequel!
on 7 March 2016
Enjoyed reading this very gritty and more realistic than most Robin Hood stories and not made out to be high born going low as most people with a bow are not high born
on 8 August 2013
I don't know if this is Steven McKay's first novel, but what a marvellous read it has been. From the first page to the last there was so much intrigue and fighting, that I didn't want it to end.
I hope that it won't be a short series because this type of book and that time in our past history, has always been a favourite of mine.
Let us have the next instalment please Mr McKay.
on 22 September 2013
I have just finished reading Steven A. McKay's first book and I found myself
puting the meat and bones to characters that I had previously only thought
of them as mythical ideas in my head.
I thoroughly enjoyed the way that this first book in the series was written
and am looking forward with keen anticipation to the second of the series
on 26 October 2013
Right from the beginning I knew that this book was different this writer is good. A great escape .. I really didn't want it to end when is the next one?