on 27 July 2013
I have known this classic for some years. It has always proved a clear and immense help in my Christian journey. I bought it as I needed a new one. People coming to it new would, in my opinion, find it a growing treasure, one of those kept on the bookshelf but taken down frequently for further reading. The Pursuit of God is not a book to skim through and think you know it. This book is for you if you really want to learn, but is not 'heavy' reading. There are more academic approaches to the subject. This is approachable and enjoyable for all of us. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.
on 30 January 2014
The more we realise that God pursued us first the more we understand his grace knows no end and we can stop getting hung up on our failures and concentrate on running after him not letting the devil stop us through guilt or shame, just focusing on the leading of the Holy spirit and running the race
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 November 2014
I have always been deeply challenged by Tozer's writings, and this book, new to me, is no exception. Although written many years ago it is as topical as ever, challenging the lack of Christian awareness of the spiritual union God desires to have with all his people, and the consequent satisfaction with a superficial commitment to godly living. It is passionate writing from an author who knew the wonder of an intimate relationship with God and who grieved that it seemed such an uncommon experience.
on 9 January 2018
This is a book every regenerated Christian should read to enter into a deeper relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. The fundamental principle is simple: God seeks out the believers to lead them to His beloved Son, Christ Jesus. When a believer touches our Lord Jesus Christ, he starts loving Him and he joins the true believers to pursue Him together. "Draw me ; we will run after You" Songs of Songs 1:4
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 February 2015
A book that every Christian should read. Written in excellent English, this book will enrich and edify you as a Christian. 'In Pursuit of God ' helps you to understand the God Head and throws more light to the importance of worshipping God in spirit and in truth. I highly recommend this book to all Christians who hunger for God.
on 17 September 2017
Classic Tozer. Occasionally shows up the disconnects within his Calvinist / predestination standpoint but a great exercise in the pursuit of holiness
on 24 April 2017
It was gift for someone to encourage a deeper walk with God. I scanned through the first page of the devotional and it shared the scriptures in a simple yet profound way, also because it was time bound devotional it could be re-read over time too.
on 3 December 2017
This classic has stood the test of time and all serious believer who want to pursue God and have an intimate relationship with him should read it." Lots of Tozers books are key to successfull Christian living and well worth reading i
on 30 November 2016
Although I may not totally see eye to eye theologically with the auther, it is a good book to read for its challenges for Christians to get serious with their faith.
on 5 June 2016
Although this was written many years ago it still has an enormous relevance to today's Church. It is easy to read and understand and explains that getting to know God in an intimate personal way is more important to a Christian than following church traditions.