on 7 January 2018
fantastic book! really helpful and informative! would highly reccomend.
on 13 June 2017
I would say this book is a pretty good starting point for those who are new to setting up a photography business. It covers pretty much everything you need to know in a short and comprehensive manner. This book has been written for the US audience, so there are few tiny things that don’t directly apply if you live in UK but otherwise everything is applicable to UK audiences too. The book is very quick to read as it has less than 100 pages in the paperback version. Regardless of that it doesn’t spend any extra time explaining unnecessary things which is good. I did not agree on everything what the author recommends to do, but you can’t really go badly wrong by following her advice. So this is a pretty good photography book focusing on the business aspects of it.

Even though the book is titled “34 Days” some of the day tasks are something that you simply cannot do within one day. Or well you kind of could, but honestly designing a logo, brand new website or sorting out contracts takes a little bit more time than a day if you wish to do it properly. I mean most of us can easily spend months just to design the right type of logo, so expecting to do all that within a day without no previous experience is quite farfetched. I’m a professional photographer myself and some of those daily task took me a very long time to get done, so even I would struggle if I had to do everything the author says in 34 days. But regardless of this I can still recommend this book since it lists all of the important aspects you should take into consideration when launching a photography business.
on 26 June 2015
I enjoyed this book far more than I expected. Fun, helpful and straightforward... I'd recommend it to any freelancer looking to do more with their talents.
on 23 May 2015
It's more "Start a Successful Business in 34 days" than "Start a Successful PHOTOGRAPHY Business in 34 day", HOWEVER, still get really important tips and questions. It's a good book!
on 17 April 2016
Brilliant Aid
on 12 January 2017
It's a good book and help me to learn more about photography
on 2 October 2014
Quite a very informative book for anyone thinking of starting up in the Photography Business...
on 14 August 2015
A great addition to my library.
on 17 July 2015
All is ok.
on 20 September 2014
This book is well intended. It's written for an American audience, but this matters not really as business is business. I found the book okay. My reason for purchase was curiosity more than anything really. It will get you thinking though, and perhaps add something if you're starting out as a Pro...