on 16 February 2014
Interested right through this book ,well done good choice of recipes and clear instructions , going to implement it into my life as best I can thank you .
on 21 July 2017
not very impressed - recipes all American - very simplistic when it comes to stress
on 30 April 2016
very useful
on 8 April 2017
Informative and helpful.
on 9 February 2014
My wife has recently developed this syndrome and needed advice about how to deal with the condition. She found it useful
on 24 November 2013
I thought I was going mad: my ears were getting blocked and kept popping; I had ulcers in my mouth from time to time; my mouth was dry with a horrible taste; and each night when I went to bed I felt as though I couldn't swllow - I couldn't understand it. This went on for about 6 months. I have kept losing my voice so was referred to an ENT specialist who said my vocal chords weren't quite meeting in the middle and that I should be referred to a speech therapist. When I saw the speech therapist she said she was going to ask me a series of random questions that may not make sense. She then suggested I might have silent reflux. I saw the GP who placidly accepted that and gave me some tablets. I did some internet research and decided I should change my diet and stumbled upon this book. I followed what it said dor about 2 weeks and then did the week long GERD diet. This has changed my life (and I have list 10lbs) - the symptoms have gone. I am still experimenting to decide what are my trigger foods - I'm getting there!
44 Comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2017
Found this book to be very disappointing. Much of the information can be found easily on line. Also at the beginning of the book, the author states that all meat must be removed from diet, yet a number of the recipes in the book call for chicken, Pork, Tuna. It also says that all dairy should be removed, yet the recipes contain buttermilk, Parmesan cheese etc. It also advises to avoid citrus fruits, yet in the detox cleanse it says that grapefruit, limes etc are good for cleansing.
on 10 September 2015
Some of the book isn't concise but what it does have is good information that thinks outside of the box a little and gives you a reality check in terms of the fact that okay, you suffer from acid but you have to still try to get some of this kind of food down you where possible. Now thanks to this book it gave me some great ideas but I went one beyond this book and actually got allergy tested for foods which revealed some very serious intolerance which luckily for me I can now rectify. I've suffered with GERD more than most due to also having an overactive thyroid but after having radioactive iodine to sort that my thyroid is normal again (ish) and I'm off PPI meds for good which the docs told me to stay on for life ( please STOP taking these immediately btw!! ) Your acid happens because you most likely have an allergy to something your putting into your body.....what then happens is you fail to break down fat, protein and sugars then the food sits on your sphincter and acid passes up because of this...I used to choke on food for 5 years because docs wouldnt allow me a test, the specialists laughed also when I said allergies, truth is they dont want you to be NHS free, so take my advice, buy this book, rid yourself of NHS treatment, get tests for allergies and move on! For me now its wheat, dairy free for life and some other stuff but man, I can once again trust my body!!!
on 27 March 2014
Suffer from acid reflux and looking for relief without constantly taking antacids or prescription medicines. Some sound advice which has helped to alleviate this problem somewhat.
on 29 June 2014
Has a lot of good hints and tips, but perhaps a bit extreme at times. Worth going back for a second read over