on 10 August 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book, I looked forward to the time when I could sit back and enjoy the various tales within. It is very funny in places but wholly believable. The book gives a real insight into the everyday lives of the modern police officer. It is well written and flows well.

My only criticism is that the author really needs to have the book proof read as there quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes within the text. Using a spell check is not enough to weed all mistakes out.
on 30 June 2013
I read the first book by PC Surname earlier this year and really enjoyed it, so I was eagerly awaiting the second one and it certainly didn't disappoint!. I'm not a police officer so I have no experience of policing but the author gives you an excellent insight into a vital and often misunderstood job. I definitely recommend this book as it is certainly an entertaining and informative read. Roll on book three! And keep up the good work.
on 20 February 2014
This book followed on nicely from his first book , 'I Pay Your Wages', It was interesting to see how PC Surname coped with the serious side of policing, and I felt his sadness and fear in parts. I particularly like the 'characters' in this book and felt somehow I was part of this team. I feel thats because I have met people like Smithy, Beth, Nige and definitely Norman!! It really appealed to me, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
on 26 August 2014
Very funny. Wonderful word use and flows wonderfully through the tales. Believable and straight to the point. Very similar to other books of this genre from other acting police officers, but this is a good one, worth the read and good value for money! I am still left wondering though about the day he left his trousers somewhere else.....(read the covenant of the cake, something all professions should adopt!)
on 26 September 2013
I think any serving police officer can pick up this book and relate the characters in it to any briefing room on any team they have ever been in! Really enjoyed reading it and a must have for anyone who enjoyed reading "Wasting Police Time" and the like.
on 12 October 2013
An encyclopaedic look into the daily tasks of a response officer. Working in this exact role I can safely say you will not get a more real insight into what officers of the law get up to at work!! Was like reading about my own shift! An entertaining read.
on 29 August 2013
Very gritty story, hopefully slightly exaggerated as otherwise it would be really serious. What a job these guys do - I wouldn't last five minutes. Some of the "shouts" were so trivial - what do people expect of the police? Hand holding??
on 22 July 2013
Well recommended read. Some funny anecdotes and stories. Couldn't out it down. Just started working as an Independent Visiting Officer and this has given me an insight into what to expect at the Custody Suite. A barrel of laughs.
on 21 July 2013
Having two members of the family working for the Met, I can honestly say that the reality of the job is nearer this book than TV cops and robbers! Read this for a more down to earth reality check on exactly what the job entails!
on 27 August 2013
I loved this book,from the very first word right through to the very last!
It is one of those 'unputdownable' books,a Diamond in anyone's book collection.
I look forward to reading more by this Author.