Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 July 2013
I have only just started this diet and am looking for suitable recipes. This book gave its recipes for single persons. As my wife is not on the diet it suited me to use these recipes. Other recipe books give recipes for 4 or more persons and are difficult to adapt.
I have used some of the recipes already and find them easy to make and enjoy. I am not a true vegetarian but like the taste of these recipes.
on 26 July 2013
Being a vegetarian and wanting to try the fasting diet, I was a little unsure where to start as most of the recipes are for meat eaters. This little book is very portable to keep with you in your bag, and has given me lots more ideas what to try.
on 18 April 2013
Finally a 5:2 diet book for vegetarians! I have bought numerous recipe books relating to this diet but being a vegetarian I found very few recipes to suit, so it's nice to finally have something I can actually use.
Lovely recipes, really enjoyed the ones I've tried so far and looking forward to trying some more!
An excellent purchase.
on 28 July 2013
I love doing the 5:2 healthy eating plan. I only needed to lose 2 kg but have lost 5kg in 5 months. I'm feeling fantastic. Not only have I lost more weight than originally hoped, but it's improving the function of my organs and reducing my risk of suffering from several ailments.
on 28 June 2013
A great book for the veggies of this world who want to follow the 5:2 diet. A rare find as there are not many about.
on 30 May 2015
I think this is an excellent book. It has 20 days of menus with breakfast, lunch and supper, each day being 500 cals or less. So that's 60 meals to choose from. You could also simply add to these menus on your non fast days. It's full of simple, healthy ideas and I would recommend it to everyone, not just 5:2 vegies.
on 15 May 2013
I am not vegetarian, but reckoned that bulk - and cheese - would be good on fast days. These are nice recipes, aimed at those going through fasting on their own!! Perfect.
on 14 October 2015
I have found this book to be a complete waste of money. Most of the recipes are made up of eggs and nothing for anyone who can not or does not eat eggs. There is no imagination gone into this book at all. Dont waste your money buying it.
on 11 June 2013
The book is very thin, and seems almost home produced. However it is very refreshing to have lots of simple recipes for one person and that you definitely get. There is a personal story in it too, and the writer seems very likeable. A couple of the recipes are nice and easy, but it's more targeted at those who want to lose weight rather than get all of the health benefits of the true 5:2 experience. It's not expensive, and if you like a personal story to go with your recipes and if your principle aim is weight loss, particularly if you've not succeeded before, then this could certainly be for you.
on 2 January 2014
I live on my own and thought this would be just wahat I needed, but I don't eat three small meals during my fast days.
If this is how you manage your fast days, it counts your calories for you, but for me it didn'y offer many new ideas for meals.
Disappointing.