Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 April 2015
This is the first book I purchased when researching the possibility of becoming a property investor. It is a superb starting point and provides lots of interesting facts and tips without being a chore to read. Rob's style of writing makes it a simple book to pick up but difficult to put down again! The importance of strategy and goals may seem obvious, but can be misguided without understanding the basic principles of property investment. This book is an essential read. 5 stars
on 11 March 2014
A well-written book that is both entertaining and informative - plus unlike others I could mention, it doesn't contain errors! Explains everything a novice needs to know, without being patronising. The author certainly knows his onions. Well worth buying - am looking forward to reading his second book.
on 23 October 2015
A really clear well laid out book for total beginners. Easy to take in and good size print and lay out on page. I don't have problems with my eyesight but dense text on poor quality paper feels daunting if you're reading something factual so the layout really does make a difference. Rob also uses very easy language and explains things simply and clearly. Recommended.
on 27 April 2015
This book is perfect for those who have been thinking about investing in property but have no clear idea on how it's done. I didn't realise that several assumptions I'd been making (without even realising it) are dispelled here. There were one or two moment during reading where I experienced a light suddenly going on in my mind and the whole thing suddenly making sense.

One of the books key strengths is it's shortness. I've read many training and self help books in the past for various reasons but this is about the only one I've managed to complete from cover to cover (twice!). It gets every key point across quickly and clearly (and often humorously) so you don't have a chance to get bored.

I highly recommend this for any beginner (as I am), there's a website and podcast (all free) that you can use to follow up points. The author has even replied directly to an emailed question from me, he's genuinely committed to his readership.

I'm giving it four stars for being a superb beginners guide, just dropping one star as I'd have liked a section on how the tax for B2L works and this isn't mentioned. But all in all, a great entry book for anyone thinking about building a property portfolio, highly recommended.
on 6 February 2015
This is a great book for anyone who is on the verge of buying their first buy-to-let property. Everything is explained in clear, simple steps and it is very easy to read. Not only does it explain the steps required to purchasing a property, but it also helps you to think ahead in terms of future investments and how best to fund more than one property. A very worthwhile read and good value for money.
on 5 August 2014
As someone who is researching the pros and cons of investing in property before deciding whether to take the plunge, I found this book invaluable. It contains straightforward, honest advice which is easy to understand and is written in an entertaining way. Now I know all about the importance of leverage, yield and growth versus income!

It's fairly short at 115 pages but there's an awful lot of useful information packed into it. This book won't tell you everything you need to know but it provides helpful web links and book recommendations for further reading. I would highly recommend it if you're thinking about investing in property and don't know where to start.
on 9 September 2013
I stumbled across this book randomly on Amazon and I'm so pleased I did - it has given me an excellent overview of what it is to invest in property and has really helped me to focus on my specific goals. It has also opened my eyes to a world of useful tools and contacts which I may never have found without it. Other books may have been able to do this but I'm not sure they would've been so enjoyable to read. If you are thinking of investing in property, or perhaps already are but want to take it further, this is a must read book.
on 13 November 2013
Small, concise, easy to digest - this does just what it sets out to do in acting as a guide for beginners interested in venturing into property investment. I found it interesting and informative, and it also covers 'soft skills' topics such as the importance of networking and building good relationships. This is not an in-depth manual, but more of an overview and essential check-list, which also makes it a useful quick-reference tool that one can refer to again and again to ensure they're 'on track' when taking those first tentative steps. It concludes with a useful list of further reading and relevant links to websites and user groups. A simple, honest, jargon-free guide for newbies.
on 16 February 2015
Looked at a number of books and thought, I'll try this one first. I'm so glad I did. Really well put together, entertaining enough to make it a light read, while giving a break through with the information. Will more than likely buy the author's other book!
on 11 February 2015
My partner and I have recently been on a property investors course and decided that we want to pursue property investment further. This book was the first book on property investment that I read and I was very pleased with the purchase. It covered all of the topics that we covered on a 3 day course and was clearly explained with no jargon. The book also gave details of useful further reading, blogs and websites. This book was worth every penny and I have just ordered the second Rob Dix book.