on 14 March 2014
I bought this book on a whim if I'm honest. I'm very glad I did. I'm a qualified personal trainer and I found this book to be very informative indeed. It gives excellent overall infomation on training in general, for example the importance of a warm-up. It then gives a great range of exercise programmes and I feel sure that anyone, no matter what level of fitness, could find a session to work out to.

Another good aspect of the book, in my opinion, is that it runs through some of the barriers to exercise and offer practical ways to overcome them - most fitness books, in my experience, don't do this.

My copy if already well used and marked up in highlighter pen. The book has actually been a really good refresher on a lot of aspects of training. It is easy to read and understand. Being picky, I guess a criticism could be that there are no pictures to show technique etc, but I am being picky there.

So, in summary, an excellent book and one that I would highly recommend.
on 17 October 2013
This is a very clear and comprehensive guide to fitness programming which explains how and why to devise a programme and sets out great example programmes for different levels.

The guide is well written and easy to use and should inspire anyone with an interest in fitness, whether a beginner or a more experienced exerciser, to set new goals and to reach them.

It covers the whole range of types of fitness programming, such as endurance, strength, power and so on. I'd highly recommend it.
on 8 June 2016
The book is nice, it has a lot of information however it is not for a novice because it contains some technical terms that you will only understand if you have already done some reading or if you have done some personal training course.
I ordered the kindle version but I was very disappointed because a number of pages were blank, parts were missing.