on 27 April 2017
I have a lot of trouble with Histamine. There is a problem in that recipes given are not really adaptable to the English cookery. There doesn't seem to be much information available as to the histamine contents in food or why certain foods multiples in histamines. It's a mine field at least theses books are a start for me thank you
on 21 August 2017
I can't tell you what a relief it is to read this book. Having only recently been diagnosed with histamine intolerance I've discovered there is not much guidance out there for sufferers with confusing and conflicting information on many websites. This book provides some fantastic information and resources. Would highly recommend!
on 19 July 2017
Very interesting I have learnt a massive amount about my potential issues. Just need to convince my GP to refer me for the DAO test!!
on 13 April 2017
Useful and interesting. Helped me find out so much more about my intolerance
on 29 January 2014
I found a lot of good info in this book and it has helped me enormously. I get quite frustrated with doctors in this country (UK) because they are so far behind with food intolerance and related illnesses. It is a great read and easy to follow so I recommend it to anyone needing help on this subject.
on 11 August 2015
This book is a piece of self her therapy for the writer, it contains little useful information that is not freely available on the internet.
on 22 July 2013
I bought this book because I am housebound with numerous intolerances and sensitivities. It is comforting to know that there many people all over the world suffering the same problems and prejudice. The theories presented in the book are backed up by mainstream charities and doctors but when you are desperate, you will listen to any advice or information just in case it could help you. I am still not sure the theory actually applies to me but I am glad I read it because I learned so much from it and it led me on to other books and information.
on 15 November 2014
I gave up on this book after a few chapters and returned it for a refund. It's hard to know who this book was written for as it flits from information relevant to a potential sufferer to criticism of the medical profession. The author starts by saying statistics on the condition aren't important, then later contradicts herself by trying to estimate the number of suffers. The book is highly UK-centric, with many references to the UK health system, none of which will be of any use to sufferers in other countries: In one chapter you are advised to write to your MP if you don't get the help you require. Quite a lot of it seems like irrelevant padding. If like me you were looking for insight into dietary management of the condition, I think you would be as well to save your money and consult one of the many free resources on the internet.
on 5 June 2012
I suffer from chronic urticaria, idiopathic i.e. they don't know what causes it. I've read a lot about histamine intolerance and I know that even if this is not the 'cause' then it certainly aggravates my condition. There are many websites etc talking about low histamine diets and most of them contradict one another on some foods. It seems that no proper medical research has been done and certainly my doctors are not even considering my diet which is just crazy.
This book is written in a very easy to read manner and I think if you have (or may have) histamine issues you will find it useful. But still there are things in this book which other places say are high in histamine but the book says are ok, thing that I know affect me - like potatoes. That said its a useful reference book and I just add to the lists in it!
If you think you have histamine intolerance I recommend this book, but do lots of research on line too.
on 13 April 2011
I have suffered with Histamine Intolerance since I was a teenager and was frequently unwell until I was finally diagnosed a couple of years ago.

This book clearly explains why certain people have severe reactions to particular foods even though they are not "allergic" to them and I would recommend it to anyone thinks they may have this condition.