Customer reviews

on 25 May 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this story of Jesus entering a disquieted man's life and changing it for the better. It isn't schmaltzy and it is simply told through a man called Philly. Whether Jesus is important in your life or not I think you can still get a lot from this book. It doesn't have lots of scripture, in fact I don't remember any apart from a reference to words Jesus made on the cross. I hope you enjoy if you choose to buy it. Like I said, simple, but very uplifting. It is easy to forget that we can all be Philly.
on 29 November 2015
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have the living Jesus walking alongside you every day? This is the story of Philly who one day meets Jesus on his daily bus journey. At first unsure Philly begins to enjoy his new companion and revel in a new zest for life.

This is an amazing book which challenged my thoughts as to how we all need to listen to Jesus when he prompts us. Philly is really open to change and so should all of us.

It is also full of fun when Philly speaks to Jesus but those around him think that he is talking to himself!
on 28 October 2015
I have really enjoyed reading this book, I guess it has a bit of the shack but much softer, a bit of Pilgrims Progress. If you found either of these books especially the Shack to heavy or much this book takes a very different route but has similar themes. One man starts a very ordinary day of a very ordinary life and had it turned upside down shaken and stirred. Reading this book I felt I was hearing from GOD in ways helped me and may help you as well, but that's yours to judge or tell. Enjoy the read I did.
on 12 January 2014
Jesus longs to have a relationship with you, most of us don't get to see Him, but he longs to be involved in your whole life. this book might challenge your view on healing, Christianity and prayer.
but for me it spoke clearly on getting back to listening to God and stepping out in Faith.

very good read.
on 13 February 2017
This is a lovely read with an interesting concept . It's an easy read that is both humorous and thought provoking . I really enjoyed this book . The characters are flawed individuals just like the rest of us which makes them believable . A pleasant read for both believers and non believers .
on 30 September 2015
I really liked this book, I thought the characters were very well developed, and it made me think without obviously trying to do so. The story was amusing and touching and an easy read, the only drawback, in my opinion, was that the last two chapters were too drawn out, but that does not take anything away from the rest of the book. Very good and I highly recommend it.
on 30 September 2015
This book was quite eye opening, I was quite jealous of the character, being able to see and talk to Jesus, but then I realised that if I listen closely I would hear Jesus talking to my heart and that I should do what he wants me to do. This book although fictional truly spoke about my life and a lot of how I feel, like an outsider to people in general. Thank you for writing this book it has given me anew insight. I would recommend this book to any one I know, I cannot praise it high enough, have you written anymore books?? I would be interested to find out.
on 27 April 2015
This book gave me so much pleasure to read - although I did have tears at times, as well. I can only think that the author has had his own personal meeting with Jesus and has written about it in a way that will hopefully inspire others to search for their own encounter. Hope this author has more books out there for me to read.
on 26 January 2017
I wasn't quite sure this book was worth reading at first, but the further I got into it the more enjoyable it became. It is a good story but also a lovely reminder that Jesus is always with us.
on 29 January 2017
As I read this story I couldn't' stop smiling. The characters were everyday folk with 'normal' feelings and reactions to abnormal events. I felt the overwhelming love and joy and deep sadness. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.