Customer reviews

on 5 June 2013
I have enjoyed the conclusion of the trilogy, but in some parts it was predictable. I guess that was always going to be the case, as we know from the beginning how it is going to end. I liked Nicholas' character very much, and the lovely Colonel. But, above all, I liked Mr Darcy, which I think is much better than in Miss Austen's original
on 12 June 2013
And the trilogy is complete at last! A lovely conclusion to a lovely book! The author guides us skilfully through the maze on heartache and misunderstanding, so that we can finally rejoice with our favourite couple when everything is set to rights (hope this is not spoiling the book for you - but let's face it, why would we read Jane Austen fan fiction if not to know that despite all obstacles, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy get their happy-ever-after, and all is well with the world?)
I especially enjoyed Mr. Bennet's interaction with Mr. Darcy - the one towards the end of the book ;) - and I think both were portrayed just as Jane Austen intended.
It's great not to have to go through the mess of Lydia's elopement yet again, and as for the scenes in Bath, they are a joy to read, despite the heartache, and even more so when the heartache is gone!
The supporting characters are as adorable as ever - Cassandra Grafton's Colonel Fitzwilliam doesn't disappoint in any of the three volumes, if anything he becomes even more delightful in each, and as for Georgiana, she is adorably childlike in places and also wise and grown up in others. Serena and Nicholas are both a pleasure to read about, as is Col. Fitzwilliam's fate and everybody else's - as is this whole volume, in short. Great read, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
on 6 June 2013
Since reading the first two in this trilogy I have been waiting with bated breath for this book! It satisfies completely, creating suspense and rendering it un-put-downable!!! What is so good about Cassandra's books is that they do not contain any of the Americanisms that jar in so many of the other fanfictions!
on 6 July 2013
I have just finished this book. Sat up till 3 o'clock this morning reading the last half, had a late night Thursday reading the first half.

I just don't agree with that comment of it being boring.

I read this book to see what happened to Darcy and Elizabeth.
All of the principal characters were interesting and very likeable. I did not want any scandal to spoil what is essentially a love story.

Reading this book I have shed a tear, smiled and laughed. There is true emotion and frustration in the story. Cassandra Grafton has put in to wonderful words how constricted society was for everyone.

My daughter and I had been to the place where this story is mainly set a couple of weeks prior to this book coming out and we walked the same streets as Darcy and Elizabeth. So it was a pleasure to relive our day out as we read the book.

I also am very pleased with the epilogue. For my part they all got what they deserved good and bad.

I would like it if Cassandra Grafton wrote more books about the other characters. I really enjoy her writing style.

Though judging from reading her acknowledgements, her husband will find himself doing a lot of cooking if she does.
on 8 June 2013
Well worth the wait. Read it straight through, could not put it down. all ends nicely tidied up.Would love to read more books about other characters written by Ms. Grafton.
on 9 September 2013
This trilogy was one of the best stories of Lizzy and Darcy!
I fell completely in love with the story, it's perfect! The ending was not a disappointment, I only got disappointed when I discovered the author doesn't have more books! I will definitely buy any book this author publishes in the future.
On this 3rd volume, we finally see how our favourite characters are drawn to each other and it is absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe this book was over and I didn't have anything else to read. The story-line is very good, the characters remains faithful to themselves, the dialogues are great, the scenes created are believable and adoring. Darcy and Elizabeth gradually fall in love and we fall in love with this story. It's passionate, intriguing well written, magic, romantic, well..I could go on, but I think you got the point. One of the best P&P variations I've ever read!
on 6 June 2013
Having read the first two in this series, I was not dissapointed by the final part. Beautiful wrritten and as a fan of all Jane Austen, I would have to say that the Lady herself would be prodigiously proud of Cassandra's take on her story. Thank you.
on 7 August 2013
Loved the book brilliantly written. Looking forward to reading more from this author. Have bought all three and enjoyed them all equally.
on 27 August 2013
I gave this story on three parts five stars as it was exceptionally well written and was a thrilling read. The anguish Darcy suffered after his hasty proposal and the find ending whereby he gains Elizabeth was well written and given enough detail foe the reader to feel sympathy towards him although the inevitably confusion over who was engaged with whom was solved quick than expected. I would recommend this to all Pride and Prejudice enthusiasts.
on 2 January 2014
A really great evolving story over three books. Couldn't wait to get to the next one and then wished I hadn't read it so quickly! True in spirit and the essence of the original P&P story but it does deviate into a new story line - but this is good, fresh and very convincing. I hope there are more along the same lines from this author.