Customer reviews

on 14 April 2013
Cassandra Grafton paints a lovely picture, in which Jane Austen's characters and her own move with grace and ease, and the portrayal of longing and depth of sentiment is exquisite!
The reader gets heart-warming glimpses into Darcy's tortured thoughts of unrequited love, and comes to understand Elizabeth's feelings for him, at the same time as she understands them herself.
The characters are skilfully drawn and faithful to the originals that Jane Austen had created, are credible and real and a joy to read about - and that goes not only for the leading roles but for the `support acts' as well (Cassandra's Colonel Fitzwilliam for instance is absolutely adorable, and both Georgiana and Bingley have more strength and wisdom than they are usually given credit for).
And then there is the rich and handsome rival who, moreover, is perfectly capable to `behave in a gentleman-like manner' - and the threat he poses spices up the story and tugs at the heartstrings, as we feel for Darcy in his plight!
Looking forward to the next instalment!
on 15 May 2013
This is probably the best variation of Pride and Prejudice we have ever read. We have read lots and there are many really good ones but this variation has something about it that makes it unputadownable if you see what I mean! Still waiting for vol 3 to be on sale. If you can it would be great to buy all 3 and read them all at once ..We have bought a puzzle book to do instead of starting other books as we want to get stuck in to reading vol 3 when it hits the door mat.

Deb and Jess
on 13 April 2013
It was a delight, and it left me waiting for the second part as I have never looked for a second part before. Mr Darcy's character is much better understood in this book than in Austen's original work. I never thought that any other book would give me as much enjoyment as Pride and Prejudice, but this one has. Heartily recommended.
on 22 April 2013
Having read many books of this genre I was hesitant to read an unknown author of a very well known and popularised story. However I was delighted to discover a beautifully written book which gave the reader a deeper understanding of the characters. This author although unknown and new produced a polished and thought provoking story. I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes us.
on 10 September 2013
Good storyline which varies from the original and builds in new characters, but the lengthy descriptions and elaborate details did make me skip read throughout the book. I now have to purchase the next two volumes to find out what happens next. Think I will take a break before tackling them.
on 2 January 2014
A really great evolving story over three books. Couldn't wait t get to the next one an then wished I hadn't read it so quickly! True in spirit and the essence of the original P&P story but it does deviate into a new story line - but this is good, fresh and very convincing. I hope there are more along the same lines from this author.
on 6 June 2013
This book covers the five days after Darcy's proposal at Hunsford, and how Elizabeth's feeling for him start changing. The two succeeding books are just as good
on 26 December 2014
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 September 2013
One from an amazing set of books that I will cherish and read as much as the originals! Fantastic story.
on 6 October 2013
Grafton has captured the original characters superbly and maintains a style of writing that you can believe is Austen's. The story is very believable.