on 29 August 2013
I stumbled across this book whilst hunting for other cycling-related material as I'm planning a small cycling hol in France. I read a few pages on the amazon site and was immediately hooked and bought it. This is a no holds barred account of Tom's epic feat. There are no long passages of highly descriptive writing. He's just written it as it happened. I couldn't put the book down and read it in a day. Any keen cyclist should read this. Well done Tom!!!!
on 30 March 2017
Excellent account of travelling around the globe on a single bike. Inspired me to get on my bike more. Well worth a read. Thanks Tom.
on 28 March 2017
Great price
on 12 June 2017
Bought this for my husband who uses a bicycle most days. He really loved it.
on 22 August 2017
Great book!!!
on 18 October 2016
Looking forward to a good read with this one. Arrived promptly and I'd buy from this seller again. Will edit this again when I have read it - but to be honest I'm not much of a book critic.
on 27 July 2014
Well Tom, what can I say? I remember when we were working together and you used to cycle 30 miles to work from Headingley. You'd put in a full day's work and then cycle back home again. I used to think that was an impressive feat in itself, but then you announced your plans to pedal around the globe; you certainly stuck to your guns didn't you? The book is a brilliant read; I felt like I was with you every inch of the way. Whenever I feel the urge to take a break I will just pick up your book, enter your world again and imagine the wind rushing through my non-existent hair (nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?). Your journey has inspired me to experience more cultures and maybe go on an epic journey of my own some day (at my age, I think ill take the charabang and tuk tuk). I'm so glad I got the chance to know you Tom, I'm full of admiration for your strength, determination and the size of your heart to help the children of the SOS villages. You inspired me to take action of my own and sponsor young Pongsatorn Sookpon, an eleven year old boy in Chiangrai, Thailand. I look forward to reading your next adventure, all the best for the future to you and Laura.
on 2 February 2016
This book is a real page turner it really makes you want to go out and find your own adventures. It brings you close to the action and you can picture yourself riding alongside. The frustrating part of this book is the very annoying grammatical errors that are present throughout the publication, which at times make you just want to close the book and forget it. A real shame.
on 14 November 2014
Even before starting the book, there is something to admire about the endeavour and courage of an individual that embarks on this sort of trip. I have read a few books about RTW cycling, and I found myself just as captivated reading Tom's story as I have done previously. The book itself has a great balance when it comes to describing the journey, discussing everything from social and political themes to specific cycling jargon - there seems to be a little something for everyone in this story. The most infectious aspect of this book is Tom's exploration into the unknown, something we're all intrigued by but rarely have the character to explore, unlike Tom. I highly recommend this book to anybody who is considering going travelling, whether it be on bike or not, this book can serve as a great guide in how to approach and embrace a new destination, culture and lifestyle.
on 21 October 2013
Tom I absolutely loved this book, I am planning to do my own world cycle in 2015 and this book has only increased my determination. This book captures all of the excitement, challenges, hardships and fun that a journey like this can offer. I congratulate you on completing your challenge and sharing this amazing story with us. I am sure I will refer back to it quite a lot whilst planning my own trip.