Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 December 2012
I consider my self a huge fan of fantasy books and this has got to be one of my all time favourites. From the very first chapter I found my self being swept away with the story and sucked into the enthralling world created by the author.

The characters are wonderfully defined and the story keeps you guessing right up until the very end. In my view, Nash has raised the fantasy bar several notches with Into The Trees. Many authors seem to swell around in the remnants of Tolkien's legacy, reinventing and reusing the stalwart themes and beings of the fantasy realm. There's no real harm in this but if you want something fresh and original then you simply must read this book.

I love it and can't wait for the next!
on 5 June 2014
Really great imagination in this book, I definitely felt every moment of the lead character in his journey. I'm not a huge fantasy-fiction fan but I'm really glad I read this. Kudos to the author, I look forward to reading more from him in future!
on 7 May 2015
Not my usual genre of book but I am glad I persevered. A truly fantastical world, with lively and believable characters.
A blend of fantasy and fairy tale which lends it a dark quality that is in keeping with the forest that most of the book is played out in.
Well worth a read.
on 1 December 2013
as someone that doesn't read a great deal of books, I was pleasantly surprised to how quickly I read through this! Easy to lose yourself in and picture weird and mystical surroundings. Nice and easy to read too so like myself even the occasional reader can get caught up in the story. I was however a little let down by the ending but couldn't rate it as 4.5 and thought it was unfair to give it a 4 star rating. overall a very addictive read and very hard to put this book down.
on 16 March 2014
Takes a while to get going but quite enjoyable when you stick with it, started reading this on a long flight and ended up with a few late nights reading, brilliant imagination would read more of his books.
on 19 March 2015
Great book, a real page turner. I read it in just a couple of days, I couldn't put it down!
on 13 October 2012
The detailed descriptions in this book will take you into the imaginary world created so vividly by the author. By the time you finish you will feel like you have known the main characters for years as you accompany them on their remarkable journey. It's an epic on the scale of the Lord of the rings but at a very reasonable price.
on 8 July 2014
I really, really enjoy fantasy books.I don't enjoy cruelty, gratuitous violence etc. The story in this book was a good one, but I soon realised that the cruel nastiness was going to be all through the book.

Honestly, I did persevere, but gave up when it was obvious that the book would continue in the same vein..

When I read a fantasy tale, I expect to be entertained, not sickened by well described scenes of bloody sadism.

I gave this book two stars, because although it appeared to be well written, I just didn't appreciate the content.

Shame really, this could have been a good story without all the blood and gore. I won't be reading anything else by this author.
on 18 August 2013
i read this on the basis of the other reviews and was not at all disappointed. the storyline was strong and completely different.

i am definitely looking for more books by this author
on 22 March 2013
This book would not normally be my type of thing, but I read it on the recommendation of a friend. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to any future publications.