on 13 May 2013
Fans of Pratchett, Tom Holt, et al, should eat this novel up in one sitting. Witty, bawdy and irreverent, it still manages to make one or two serious points, within a comfortably familiar, yet cheekily skewered fantasy realm! Wraps up briskly and tidily, yet still leaves you wanting more, which is always the best way to have things end, I find. Willis definitely be investigating his other novels too! Pure fun, nothing at all earnest or taxing here, just an unhurried and delectable light lunch for fans of comedy fantasy.
on 10 June 2013
I'm afraid I found this book to be uninspiring and somewhat lacklustre. I was hoping for a sword and sorcery outing that would be amusing but well written in terms of characters and plot but this one fell short in all departments. I suppose it was just too thin on humour and quality in comparison to many of the books I've read in this genre. Not recommended.
on 19 March 2017
Great read as usual
on 21 August 2017
OK
on 9 December 2014
Written as if a little boy is describing his playtime games, I found DisEnchanted to be a bit heavy on the fight scenes, and light on actual plot.
on 26 December 2015
You have to read it to know it
on 10 June 2013
Very quick and fun book. Don't expect anything to deep, but contains its fair share of laughs, and the writing style is excellent. Gets you turning those pages (or pressing those buttons for kindle users!)
on 15 July 2013
Great Read. Really enjoyed the plot and the characters. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good fantasy read.
on 14 October 2015
Very funny
on 27 May 2013
This book caught my eye and I am glad it did it was a most enjoyable read that left me wanting to read more by the guy who wrote it. It's very funny; not in the least bit boring and different from the usual fantasy story there are some great twists and the odd serious point. I really began to feel for the main character especially near the end where the story gets more serious.

The world created kept my interest and had enough detail without the need for a large word count, the pace of the story was good yet did not feel rushed, the characters had the required depth and their motivations were understandable. There are some great descriptions and insights into how people are regarded how the elves were described were particularly funny to me as usually they are so respected.

I liked the ending everything was explained, I was sad when I finished reading yet I had a smile. I had to leave a review as this book could be overlooked by bigger books yet it should not be.