Customer reviews

Revenge of the Assassin (Assassin series #2)
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 January 2016
The Revenge of the Assassin was good, again full of action and suspense if sometimes a little predictable. It is book 3 of the Assassin series, if you count the prequel Night of the Assassin.
El Rey, the enigmatic and most dangerous hitman in all South America and one the most wanted list, is giving Romero Cruz of the Federales a run for his money once more. With no leads and no clues, the Federales have a frantic race against time to prevent the President's assassination
But I preferred King of Swords because there is a lot of 'deja vu'' in The Revenge of the Assassin.
I think to enjoy it better, it is preferable not to read this series back to back as I did. I will leave a gap to read the next one.
But if you are after strong emotions and danger, firearms, conspiracy and an accurate insight of drug cartels in Mexico, this is the book for you. Though it is part of a series, it can be easily read as a standalone. You might be surprised by the ending.
on 21 June 2013
Russell I hate you for some reason. But I love the story of El Rey after reading three books including the prequel I want to see the movie I cannot go too much in for the plot as it would spoil it for other readers I am going to immediately download the next one and will read the series before returning to Jet btw a link up between the two of them would be awesome. One point I would like to see So Rey develop a bit but I expect this will happen in the next book
on 3 January 2014
I have just realised that I have read this book in the wrong order I have already read return of the assassin which I knew when I started this book. I was just about to read blood of the assassin but see I have missed out night of the assassin. Having said all that this book was fantastic thank you Russell you are a brilliant author.
on 26 March 2014
Yet again Russell Blake scores a bullseye. I know The Assassin gets to fight another day, as I have already read part of "Return". I started reading it before I realised that it wasn't the follow-up to "King of Swords", I can now read the remaining chapters of "Return" before starting on "Blood of the Assassin".
on 30 December 2015
Another breathtaking piece of work by Mr Blake. Apart from the story of the irrepressible assassin there's a lot to learn about the narcotics trade in south and Central America. Incredible journey of discovery. A must read for everyone.
on 10 July 2012
Loved this book and will be downloading more of Russell Blake's books. Really happy I have found a new (for me) author who just gets the job done. No filling the pages with graphic sex or flowery descriptions of the city in springtime for him, Oh no, just action, suspense, intrigue and if half of what he writes about is true, its also very scary!
on 25 August 2016
This book was a great disappointment. It was a convoluted and rather messy story which lead me to skip many pages. Sadly, I found the book a real struggle to read.
on 8 February 2015
I can't believe that this series just gets better and better. I have just read this book in one sitting as could not put down. On to number 3. No time to waste writing lengthy reviews!
on 22 April 2015
Well there I was again absolutely enthralled with this book until I reached what I expected to be the thrilling climax, only to feel that it had been taken cruelly from me
I felt slightly cheated as had expected more but I guess that I will find this in the next book.
Once again this book kept me on my toes and I will still look very much forward to the next in this series.
on 7 January 2013
Another book in the Assassin series, Blake has written a series of four book, so far, all of which are difficult to put down. As a continuing story it is surprising that a four book series can hold your attention and interest, but it does – Blake is an excellent storyteller – I will look out foe the next one.