on 12 December 2017
The best book I have ever read on training creation (and I've read and trained a lot) - it gives an easy methodology to create courses fast. I have used this method as a framework to facilitate discussions and get agreement on the goals where designing courses with multiple people - great for bringing the balance of teaching theory when working with technical people.
One person found this helpful
on 31 May 2018
Good reference book
on 2 August 2016
Very well written, although it doesn't teach me anything I didn't already know.
on 7 November 2017
Great book
on 23 June 2015
Very useful manual on training.
I'm currently writing my first training course and this book has been a great
reference manual in very easy bitesized chunks.
on 8 February 2013
This book is just what I needed after being in skills training for just over a year. It's written in an extremely straight forward way, no frills but with plenty of humour. It's so refreshing to find a book that tells it how it is, and doesn't fall into the temptation of including too much training and learning theory.
It's full of tips on every part of the training process, tips that you can put into practice immediately. This book will be a permanent resource for me to dip into as I work to improve my training on an ongoing basis.
on 9 July 2015
I love this book! I've done train the trainer courses but this is a great reference to go back to when I prepare my own training sessions. I also really love the style of writing. Top marks!
on 16 May 2016
Some great ideas and basic suggestions, I will be referring back to this, as I develop my training, nicely done Alan.
on 6 December 2015
Excellent book! Have recommended it to other trainers. Down-to-earth, plain language and immediately usable. Would love to see a book from him on drawing those eye-catching cartoons!
on 24 March 2013
Great book that contains everything you need to think about when designing and delivering training. A good introduction to new trainers and a great refresher for more experienced trainers.