Customer reviews

Silver Justice
Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 August 2013
This is an enjoyable serial killer tale with a financial slant. The anti banking/Wall St. analysis verges on the rant and is not as well-integrated into the rest of the tale as it might be. If the financial conspiracy exists (and it might well do if most of the afterword is to be believed) the villain's actions (name avoided to protect the killer's identity until you've read the book) are understandable, if not to be condoned.
Despite the long-winded economics discourse, this story flows along and Silver is the standard female plain clothes cop/agent - harassed, single mum, undervalued etc. and interesting enough to follow as she hunts the killer.
on 17 August 2013
Blake is my author of the moment, and I'm close to finishing all of his books. I have to say that this is one of his best.

The characterization is superb, everyone having their place and relevantly fleshed out. The pace is not the fastest in his stable, but the story is still current and superbly told. He gives you details of the financial crash of 2008 that the papers won't share, and this spell-binding thriller had me glued to my kindle for the few days it took to read it.

If you haven't read Blake's work before, try his free offerings. I'm sure that like me, you'll be hooked!
on 7 December 2012
Silver JusticeI like words, in fact I will read sauce bottle labels. This book, Silver Justice, was an absolute delight to read, I really had to read it as fast as I could,not that I wanted it to end,it took hold of my life. OK I was lucky I think I got it free, not sure, but it would have been worth paying for. If you only have time for one book then try this one. Murder, conspiracy and a little love. It is all there.
3 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2012
One of the best books written by Russell Blake.
The hunt for a killer who seems to target those with no link is written brilliantly to tie the ends up. Along with this there is the personal turmoil that Silver is going through, something many will be able to connect with.
By the end of this book I was cheering Silver and feeling sorry for the perpetrator of the murders.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2014
While the storyline is good and the total package is really entertaining the underlying background regarding the US financial situation is really quite frightening,even if it is only half right.
on 15 September 2015
Very delighted to have read this. I enjoyed the storyline as it keeps me gripped with twists and turns of a great plot.
However, US financial background was quite disturbing even it is not true? Russell Blake has done it again with his style of writing.
on 25 December 2012
This introduced me to an author I haven't read before and I wasn't disappointed. A cop book but she is an interesting character. I will read this author again
2 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2013
I downloaded this as a freebie and I had read the author before, it is a really good read. It is a bit heavy on the financial details in some places but doesn't distract from the story. Would recommend.
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2014
What a great read that was with a fantastic story line I hope there will be more in a form of a series
on 20 February 2015
A slightly trite resolution but still a very enjoyable read