Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 July 2016
I read for our local Talking Newspaper group. We always add a 20 minute Magazine section and jokes are a very popular part of this, but it is so hard to find suitable 'family' jokes that actually make one laugh. Here is a trove of them. Problem solved.
on 7 September 2012
Addictive little book that has something for everyone. The author has somehow managed to create a product that will appeal to kids and grandmas, but at the same time supply ample ammunition to torment your mates into submission! Previously purchased Kindle version of this book - got hard copy so my 93 year old uncle can add to his enourmous library of joke books.
on 19 October 2012
Unfortunately, the title gives it away, this book is exactly what it says on the cover - Terrible, cringeworthy, really bad jokes - but they are also very funny! Chubby Brown fans well, this is NOT for you, but if you like lots of short, funny, one line jokes - well all except number 47 (The Parrot) this will be just up your street. Highly recommended! Looking forward to -That's Terrible! A Cringeworthy Collection of 1001 Really Bad Jokes - Part Two. Well done Gary Rowley.
on 25 September 2012
what a funny read , when does this guy go on tour , i would pay to go and see the cringeworthy gig
on 29 January 2013
I was lucky enough to get both copies of That's Terrible recently as a gift. I just love them. Whenever I feel like belting one out for the kids I just open up at any page and pick out any of the awfully awful jokes!

My son keeps begging me to let me take it to school... No way you know how 8 year old are with books! And these gags are mine! Can't get any better I highly recommend That's Terrible Joke Books. That's Terrible! A Cringeworthy Collection of 1001 Really Bad Jokes
This clipped book lives up to it's title and, does indeed contain a cringeworthy collection of really bad jokes that I found initially mildly amusing but which soon became a tad repetitious. Certainly the gags were original, insofar as my recollection is concerned, I had not heard many, if any of them before, although I am not certain under what circumstances I would have come across them. They are most unlikely to form part of a professional stand-up comedian's repertoire nor grace the lists of the best 100 One-Liners on the internet.

Yes it is claimed by the author to be at the extreme edge of buffoonery but as a work of wit/humour/gags/one-liners it is somewhat lacking.
66 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2013
I bought this book after reading the reviews, and ended buying more as presents since. Where does this guy get his ideas! Never heard any of his jokes before and as someone else has said you could give it to any generation. Well done, i am waiting for the next one.
on 10 September 2012
This book is fantastic, had me in absolute stitches. Had tears pouring down my face in laughter. Is this chap on the same planet. would recommend to anyone of all ages. Good clean jokes.

Can't wait for the follow up!

Brilliant!
on 7 September 2012
Addictive little book that has something for everyone. The author has somehow managed to create a product that will appeal kids and grandmas, but at the same time supply you with ample ammunition to torment your mates into submission!
on 23 September 2012
Gary, I remember when you used to be a nurse and have been entertaining me for years with your really bad (good) jokes. What more could I have expected from a bloke who can balance a pint pot on his head. Class.......