on 16 March 2014
If anyone had trouble dieting I would recommend purchasing the Nurtri Bullet. He mentions this product in his book. I find it makes the best smoothies I have ever tasted. I get more veggies into my body than I ever had before without the taste. He give great suggestions and what the results are. I myself have not tried the 30 day juicing. Like him I suggest getting a doctor's ok. But I have a juice always in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon and a proper meal in the evenings. Evenings are my hardest due to being restless. Cut out all sweets and soda's. I lost 6 pounds in one week and have been losing about 2 pounds each week without starving my body. Also download "My Fitness Pal. This app lets you scan all your foods via a bar code. I even purchased a used Whittings -50 scale which works via bluethooth and adds my weight, blood pressure, heart rate and BMI and Air contents to the app. 5 starts for this book!
11 Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 July 2017
Bought as present.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 March 2015
"IT" FAILED ME . I am a very determined lady, it will just take longer !
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 December 2014
What a load of tosh. The first 75pc of the book is waffle from him about how he did it. There's an occasional gem but if you can get it out of the library, then do so. The best way to shed a few pounds is by not buying this book and if you want to lose pounds weight and not ££ then half what you're eating right now. There are good books out there - this is not one of them.
on 8 May 2014
Ok, recipes useful , but lots of repetitive unnecessary waffle, instead of getting to the point. Probably wouldn't recommend it.
on 4 May 2015
I bought this book when buying the nutribullet. Take away all unnecessary info and stick to the basis, which I did, ended up doing 28 days and in that time I lost 20llbs. I was committed and pushed through and was really happy, despite the odd hunger pangs, contented even at the best of times and my husband would vouch for this knowing how stressed I can get. I do recommend the book. I would recommend not being taken in by much of the 'self information' but concerntrate on what's important .....you. This fasting does work and I am a happier person because I stuck to it, you have to be committed to wanting to do it ....always remember that, the commitment must come from you to succeed. Good luck
on 3 October 2013
I've done the 7lbs in 7 days program by Jason Vale and that was just about manageable. This however needs an iron will. I'm sure this works just fine, but reading through this made me WANT to eat healthy instead. I'm pretty sure this works, however I think most people would find it hard. I'd imagine this is perfect for someone who has some major event coming up in their life and they just need to knuckle down and get on with it...The author does provide some very useful insights into foods and function, so was certainly informative.
on 15 September 2014
Very American
on 29 April 2014
This is a personal story and not how I would do things. I would not recommend for new people wanting to learn about juicing
on 12 May 2015
Half decent content but the quality of writing and illustrations on the book was appalling. There is also some wrong information about letting the juice stand for a while to 'breathe'. Juice should be immediately sealed after juicing to prevent oxidisation and a fast loss of nutrients...this is basic stuff. I also wouldn't recommend keeping the juice for as long as in the book.