on 13 April 2017
A good read
on 7 May 2014
I thought as I got to the third chapter something would happen, but it just drags on. The author spends so much time on each character & in the end do we really care, so Iv'e just deleted it.
on 5 January 2013
I have a limited genre of types of books I enjoy reading, one of these is apocalypse / end of the world, this is what brought me to this book however I will still not buy a book unless the price is reasonable versus the book length and the premise of the book is plausible.

The author ticked all my boxes for this one so I bought it knowing it was first in a series.

Let me also say that I have bought books before that fit all of the above criteria and have stopped reading them half way through because of poor writing or cardboard characters, this book did NOT disappoint and I finished it in record time!

The writing and character developement was good and I found myself interested in what would happen to them which is a must for me, if you are interested in this type of genre that buy this book, you won't be disappointed.

Phil UK
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 July 2012
I got this book free and I was glad I had not paid for it. If you love planes and old trucks this is a book for you. Lesser mortals may find the long descriptions of old aeroplanes and the flying history of all the characters a tad tedious.

The first half of the book appears to set up the reader for the rest of the book (and the series?) so all the key characters, their flying experience and the planes they fly are introduced. I felt that although the characters had been introduced they had not been developed so I know what they were called but not who they were.

I kept waiting for things to happen, honestly, in the first half of the book the most exciting event was two large planes landing on a short runway. About 57% of the way through the book things start to happen and within a couple of paragraphs millions are wiped out.

I must say though that there is something about the book that caused me to continue reading (a freebie gets deleted in fairly short order if I can't get into it), which is why I scored it as a 3*, the book seems to be pretty well edited grammar and spelling-wise and an interesting take on the end of the world as we know it scenario.
on 24 April 2013
I bought this book just to see what it was like. I tend to follow particular authors but not not come across this one before. I am glad I did. Yes there are certian issues (missing words / mis-spellings) on the kindle edition but looking past these problems the story grabbed me very quickly. So much so that I purchased the next three books as soon as I had finished this one. The story is plausible (as it stands in this book) and I look forward to see how the plot develops. All in all a good purchase for a techno-thriller fan.
on 6 April 2014
The early part of this book may seem slow but stick with it because it develops into a really good book and then a great little series of books. You have to accept the premise that allows the invasion in the first place-its a little far fetched but does then give you a good ride for your money.
on 26 August 2013
Implausible plot and slightly wooden characters. But, a read that grew on me as I persevered with it. In the end I grew to quite enjoy the story and whilst it isn't top of my list of upcoming purchases I will. get round to book 2 in time.
on 12 December 2013
This book is a good, well thought out story. It kept me interested all the way through and I have bought the other 3 in the series. Why not 5 stars? Well mainly due to the Author making a few basic technical errors. ie the DC3/C47 in its original state had Piston engines (Pratt & Witney Twin Wasp) and not turboprops. Sidewinder missiles are air to air missiles not air to ground. etc. These errors are unnecessary and could have been avoided by a bit of research. Hence 4 stars.
on 24 December 2012
Well written with a very believable story line. A slow start but builds to an exciting climax and certainly makes you want to "Buy" the follow on books.
on 26 March 2013
A highly interesting book which shows great insight into flight enthusiasts and redundant military
Hardware as well as being a very good read.