Customer reviews

on 7 February 2016
For the battle with sin and besetting sins in particular and if you can handle old KJV Style English I can't recommend Puritan John Owen's book - The Mortification Of Sin highly enough. "Be killing sin or sin will be killing you" I got my copy on kindle for next to nothing. It's hard hitting and by far the most helpful book I have ever read on the subject outside of scripture itself.
on 18 November 2014
We are surrounded by so MANY trials and temptations, and even attacked unknowingly in our walk in Christanitity. This book clearly shows the way we must grasp our temptations and sins and how to deal with.

The book is compiled in a very logical way even though perhaps you may find difficulty in following.

Ultimately the last chapter clearly defines the approach we should adopt in humble submissive surrender to God's Holy Spirit.

Thanks for making it possible to read such a book electronically.
on 15 September 2014
If you can make your way through the old fashioned language this is fantastic - far more practical than it might at first appear. I first thought it might be good if someone did a modern "translation" but maybe there's a benefit in having to think through the language to reach the nuggets of truth that's more rewarding?
on 18 April 2015
Yes indeed this is excellent and challenging treatment of biblical truth.
on 31 August 2014
Kindle
on 6 January 2012
I bought this book after reading 'The Enemy Within' by Kris Lundgaard, wanting to spend more time studying the defeat of sin in my day to day life. This book is a detailed guide on how a Christian can be equipped for the ongoing struggle of sin from one of the best theologians to have lived, and has been a challenge both to me and my understanding of the English language (I recommend a good dictionary for one or two words). The book itself is full of biblical quotes (I have been backwards and forwards in my Bible continuously) all of them relevant truths. This book is best read quickly if you are new to Owen (and want to avoid getting bogged down deciphering the language) though you should be able get the general message of his 'discources' (chapters/essays). If you are looking for a general modern overview of the topic read ENEMY WITHIN THE PB but if you want depth, read this. It's worth persisting with this book as it is a most in depth book on this topic. I did and have been greatly encouraged.
on 28 July 1999
This provides most thorough and explicit instructions for the Christian life. It is outstanding in its class, a very encouraging work.