Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 April 2016
I got this book free and have had it on my kindle for a while now, working nights I decided to just give it a go. It is a fantastic book and the start of an even better series it's got a twist on mythology that I've not read before I recommended it to both my older sister and my daughter both of them loved it just as much as I did.
It's about a 1600 year old Sorcerer who's had his memory stripped from him and is now just a thief till his past catches up with him old enemy's arrise sacrifices are made and memories return
I love the way the author wrote the book he goes from the past to the presant and the 2 stories come together cohesively it's something different fun and enjoyable to read totally addictive and can't wait till latest book comes out in July
on 8 June 2017
Never read any thiñg quite like it, and probably wouldn't have if not for futuristic films/tv shows which appear nowadays. Consequently enjoyed book enormously although did find sometimes hard to foĺlow when events reverted to the past. However stuck with it and became more compelling as read progressed, so much so couldn't wait to see how It aĺl ended!!! Great read, thank you.
on 23 October 2016
When I started reading I thought it would be a nice change for my other reading material. Just something to read at night to relax me but the storyline the back and forth in time, the plot turns, the getting to know the main character, the settings, all of it, made me want to read more. It was Assassin's Creed meeting Shakespeare meeting Harry Potter meeting History of England meeting mystical adventure. I enjoyed the way it was written as if you were in the mind of the main character without being pretentious. Even the ending was perfect for me, no waiting, no extending, just doing and knowing that it has not finished yet. I am looking forward to read the next books.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2017
Bought this on a whim as it was on a 99p special offer with Amazon Kindle, what an absolute revelation!!!

Stories are excellent, the characters are funny and interesting and the magic, monsters and mythology is a great spin on
and old story, absolutely brilliant find and I can't put these books down.
on 19 March 2017
I bought this book as part of the series bundle on Black Friday. I never expected to be as enthralled as I was. Well written story, characters that you empathize with, and the right blend of fantasy and drama, with a bitbof suspense thrown in. Can't wait to read the next one.
on 11 March 2017
A thumping good read. I have read further into the series and the characters and background mature but as a first and a scene setter, this is an excellent book. I am now totally addicted to the series!
on 5 March 2017
Good solid read. A range of characters to follow down different paths with the main one. Good pace, not too easy or complicated. You want to follow the journey to the next book.
on 11 June 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Way more to it than most books of the same genre . I'd definitely recommend giving this a read.
on 16 June 2017
This is my 2nd time of reading this book. I'm on the 5th book in the series but wanted to go back because I wanted to remind myself of why some things happened to the main character. I thought the book was even better the second time around. Well written and graphic which makes you see the novel in your head. Thoroughly enjoyable and we'll worth 5 stars.
on 19 May 2017
The story line is interesting and the characters are well formed. The flash backs are sometimes at a interesting point in the story so you think it annoying but you get to know the plot.