Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 April 2016
This is good. You get to know and feel for the central character more and more as this story develops. Enjoy this well paced book.

Sean Richardson a police officer with the Phoenix Homocide Unit. He and his partner Maggie McClinton are called out to a murder of a man and his dog in his home.

A witness has confirmed that they saw the car of the victim's wife been driven away from the scene. Unable to make contact, there is an urgent need to locate Mrs Beverly Thompson.
on 26 February 2015
From the beginning it seemed that it was a relationship between jail or & captive. It was convenient that he was released & declared innocent. In wreking his revenge, he was convicted cold & clinical. But his focus wavered with his captive. Few good twists & turns
on 27 July 2017
A good read. Would of preferred a few more twists to make the plot less obvious. However, I would still recommend this book as light reading (I read it whilst on holiday. It wasn't too time consuming).
on 20 September 2014
Twists and turns from start to finish ---- good plot , good , believable characters --- I found that I was reading faster and faster as the story gathered speed.

Would definately recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a real thriller !
on 25 June 2014
Opening chapter was engaging, thereafter it was an okay read, nothing really wrong with it, it just did not excite me and the ending was straight forward, no twists or plot turns.
on 26 April 2014
An excellent book that has you hooked from the start. Have not read this author before but will look at more of his books from now on.
on 29 March 2014
This was the sort of book you wanted to get the end of but didn't want to finish! Will read more of this author.
on 20 March 2014
Whilst this book was a good interesting read it did not warrant a five star rating perhaps more three and a half plus.
The story is built around McClain who had previously been imprisoned for a crime he did not commit and has recently been released following new evidence. The years he was incarcerated have made him very angry and now he is looking for revenge.
on 21 March 2014
good characters; good stories running thorough out, but not the most exciting book I have read
Easy bedtime reading for crime readers
on 27 April 2014
As a relative newcomer to the worlds of the physiological thriller and police procedural, I have been gobbling up everything I can lay my hands on in these genres in order to catch up on what I've been missing. I've mainly stayed away from the more mainstream stuff (although I'll work my way onto this I'm sure) and tried to find books that you don't see when you walk into Waterstone's. This had led to my discovering to the likes of Kerry Wilkinson and Mel Sherrat, and now James L Thane.

Whilst I love most of what the above two authors, and many more in a similar vain, have output, nothing has thus far come to close to matching what James Thane has achieved in No Place to Die. Whilst many books are genuine page turners, I have yet to come across one which made me turn those pages as fast as this book. I was in a frantic hurry to find out what happened next...to get back to the next scene with Beverley and McClain...to see what he was going to do.

This book left me gagging for more of the same and Mr Thane's follow up will most certainly be on my reading list this summer.

If you generally enjoy the police/thriller/mystery genres then I don't think you can go wrong with this original, excellent account of one mans mission for revenge. Highly recommended.