Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 May 2017
Nicely written, with unexpected turns and events. Motley crew still hangs on but has changed due to circumstances from episode 1. I am raring to read the next volume.
on 20 July 2017
I loved the book, I didnt want to put it down. I want more like this.
on 21 April 2017
Much shorter and honestly, loads more cliche than the first book. Hopefully next book will be better - still an intriguing plot though.
on 16 June 2017
As brilliant as the first. Such a good read from start to finish.
on 28 June 2014
Absolutely fantastic too gripping.Read in two days could not put it down love to read more or see a blockbuster film made best book I have ever read
on 20 March 2017
Nothing special and deserves a three star rating but I gave it four because despite it being a bog standard book I enjoyed it!
I ordered this as soon as I saw it would be available on Amazon and couldn't wait to read it. Just to be clear, I am a massive fan of the first book which I thought was absolutely superb and still do. I've read it countless times and would recommend it to anyone. I strongly believe it should be made into a film as I think it would kick World War Z into touch.

And then we have this follow up.

It started off okay and we found out a bit about the origin of the virus but then it just started to spiral down. It is very hard to write a review on this without giving too much of the plot away. I just felt it lurched off into events that didn't gel with the characters in the first story. Also did he actually get married to Lucia? The relationship between them was just glossed over more. The events with guard of the boat again seem too far-fetched as with security at the hospital. Also most of the situations, the escapes were of the unbelievable 'Deus ex machina' types which after the seventh or eighth time become a bit wearing.

I'd like to see first one made into a film and then believe they should stop there as this sequel was just disappointing. I know no matter what I'll still buy the final part of the trilogy as I really hope he manages to tie it all together. I guess I'll just have to keep an open mind it works as we know what a great writer he can be. Fingers crossed.
Unless I am mistaken this is part two of, what I gather is going to be a three part series of books. While I enjoyed book one immensely I agree with `R.K. Price' review that this narrative just seems to abruptly end - I can understand the need for `cliff hangers' and similar plot devices, but this book seems to be half the length of the first with a somewhat confusing start that centres on the human enclave in the Canaries. The narrative feels `less fleshed out' - no pun intended. I am not going to say I didn't enjoy the book, but on the other hand it was not a good sequel. This is all rather disappointing in my opinion. I will look out for book three and really hope the narrative, pace and details are closer to the first book.
on 25 December 2013
The first book was reasonably good, although I was hoping that the main charcater would get more of a back bone in this installment. Unfortunately he continues to be an emotional wreck.

There were just too many cliches about what a post acopolyptic world will be like to enjoy this book. It never fails to exasperate me how authors manage to turn human society against itself in the midst of an outbreak of the undead. Surely they could find enough to write about with human survival against the undead? Or at least a half plausible story line.
on 2 September 2014
This is, despite my two-star rating, a pretty decent, if short, read.

The rating is low only as this title needs to be considered alongside it's predecessor. The first iin the trilogy was a little gem. A powerhouse of post-apocalyptic action. Sure zombies are the in thing at the moment and sure there are plenty of books in the genre but this Spain-set tale was intriguing with characters you could care about.

Sadly, the first was such a great little read the second book falls away a little. The blog/diary approach is dropped in favour of (mostly) first person narrative. There are occasional chapters which move away from the lead in order to flesh out the plot and they, on the whole work.

What disappoints me, I guess, is the lack of urgency. The first book was about moving, moving, moving. All the while evading the undead. This one is different and has many more elements which sometimes bog down the plot and sometimes seem like they are shoe-horned in.

Like the other reviewer I felt the budding romance was a touch seedy not to mention unnecessary (it's almost as if Loureiro was thinking 'Hollywood' as he wrote it) given the plentiful action.

If you've read the first you'll want to read this (and if you haven't go and read it first) but you may find it leaving you unsatisfied.