on 20 February 2018
This is the second book in The Relic Seekers series. I loved it!

Kendall Morgan is a wonderful character. However, I sometimes wanted to shake some sense into her. She works for a billionaire as a relic finder. She has a special gift that allows her to track down, as well as know things about, the artifacts she procures for her boss. When her boss, Nathan Larraby, hires her to locate four powerful relics, little does she realise the danger she will face. Not just from Nathan's reclusive nemesis known only by the name of Reaper (as in Grim), who is also after the artifacts, but from her attraction to her co-worker, Jake Stone.

This is an urban fantasy romance with a twist. I started reading the story and was instantly hooked. The story is told through the view points of Kendall and Jake for the most part, but as it progressed, other characters, namely Nathan, also has his say.

I found myself on a roller coaster of emotion as the story unfolded. I enjoyed getting to know the characters better and we are introduced to quite a few new ones.

This story sees the trio thrown into danger as they uncover more secrets from the secretive Protettori, and unravel the secrets hidden in their own pasts. It continues from the end of book one. Jake and Kendall grow closer together and consummate their attraction, and Nathan finds out that the changes he is experiencing is linked to an event in his past. They also uncover a mysterious connection between the Protettori, King Arthur, and the fountain of youth. This sees them travelling from Italy to England in an attempt to find the lost fountain of youth, fabled to give anyone who drinks from it not an immortal life but a longer one. The mystery and suspense kept me reading until I'd finished the book. However, I was a little disappointed that the relationship between the three didn't develop as much as I thought it could have. There is definite chemistry between the three; Jake and Nathan not so much, but they both have feelings for Kendall. I could see the potential for a threesome, but the author seems to have shied away from this aspect. Perhaps they will get together in the third book? I guess I'll just have to read it and see. The book ends in a cliffhanger and I am now looking forward to reading The Lost Chalice as soon as possible.

Anita Clenney has written an intriguing paranormal romance full of action and adventure. I love her fast paced writing style and the flow is wonderful. I would definitely consider reading more books by this author in the future, and there is a high probability that I would add her to my favourite authors list too.

Due to the above mentioned scenes of a sexual nature (which are not explicit), as well as some violence, I do not recommend this book to young readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love paranormal/supernatural romances/romantic suspense/urban fantasy/action/adventure or myths and/or legends genres. - Lynn Worton
on 5 December 2013
I really enjoyed the first book and downloaded this one straight after and I wasn't disappointed. It was a great follow up, I was kept hooked throughout the whole story and as bizarre as it sounds I found it believable enough which I really like. I can't wait to find out who the reaper is, we have the suspicions of the main female character and I have my own suspicions and there is also the question of whether Nathan is Adam and if so, what does this mean for their relationships? Can't wait for the next one! Totally loved it, a different original idea
on 8 June 2014
This was required reading on my hour's journey to and from work and luckily for me my destination was the end of my train journey so no need to focus on anything but the superb story unfolding on each turn of the page. My only criticism is the fact that I have to wait patiently for the next saga to the story, but I know the wait will be worth it..............
on 23 April 2018
Ok to read and fills the time but it’s something I can put down anytime and come back to.
on 26 March 2014
I enjoy the series as it combines real places with a bit of the 'dark side'. It is not in the class of Tom Clancy as his trips into the unknow seem at least probable if not actually possible. Here we are really off on a different dimention at times which I found quitte interesting and entertaining. A good solid Read!
3 people found this helpful
on 11 October 2013
I have to say it is an interesting book to read but very predictable at times. You know what will happen in each chapter before you have finished reading by it
2 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2016
Book one gets your interest and book two does not disappoint. Can't wait to read the next in series. Suitable for anyone who likes a good storyline
on 17 October 2013
Enjoyed the way the book leaves you wanting more with every page. More please. More books with more in a series.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 September 2013
O M G this book was great I couldn't put it down once i started it. I do hope it won't be long before the next book is out. I do hope it carries on from the other books.
on 1 May 2016
It is a different sort of story but never the less it is good and enjoyable read but was a bit disappointed in the ending unless there will be a sequel !!!!