Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 August 2013
Having read the mighty storm I wish the author had added the additional Jakes point of view through the book like she is in this, I love that in stories it's the only thing in the whole series I feel could have made it better for me as it was a great story written beautifully by an author I'm growing to really love her books, I've read them all and look forward to new stuff to and most definitely Tom's story. If you loved the mighty storm this is a must as it gives the story the ending they both deserve I cannot rate it highly enough.
on 15 April 2015
Just had my second fix of Jake and Tru. Why did I wait so freaking long to read this series, and I just saw ther is another book - woohoo can't wait to get my teeth into that one.

We get straight back to where The Mighty Storm finished, Tru and Jake got away from the crazy life they live in LA and are enjoying quality time together.

Not for one second do I think that this road they are travelling is going to be smooth, Jake needs to strop ad think first before acting.

He really took care of Tru whilst she was sick, he melted my heart even more.

She is so perceptive with Jake, knows what he is feeling and knows when to push him, she has a heart of gold.

understood how she felt when they bot back to his bachelor pad, I love how they know each other so well. Glad they sorted out those issues.

Uh Oh! WOW what a corker, felt so so sorry for Tru, armed with the knowledge that he was not sure about, and because they both knew how each other felt he'd picked up on something. With what he found out, WHOA! I was not expecting him to be such a s***! and I just loved her ballsy attitude, even if she was so devastatingly heart broken, even knowing that he might react that way.

I'm so glad he finally got his head out of the clouds and came to his senses and I hoped that it was not too late, thank goodness it wasn't. Then we get the airport scene, lovely just lovely, even though she was adamant she was on her way back home to her parents.

They are both so very loving towards each other, and can hurt each other fiercely, but woe betide anyone else hurting them, they are a solid force to be reckoned with.

He came on leaps and bounds, really stepping up to the mark when he needed to, you just knew they really were going to make it.

Then BAM! right out of the left field did you go and do that........... the drunk driver!
so painful to be part off. I was with Jake the whole time (I have been through exactly the same thing with my husband) He handled everything so well, even when he thought he was going to screw everything up.. He was everything and more, I loved how he took to JJ.

Whilst Tru was angry that she had missed out so much with JJ, it all felt so right.

Really happy for Simone and Denny, and Tru gets her bestie back with her.

Happy for Stuart,Josh sounds incredibly hot! and he is such a compassionate man, especially when Tru was poorly.

Oh that Jake, surprise King ever!!!! the Lumb Falls Wedding - oh my, such a lovely thing to do, sneaky but oh so lovely.

The epilogue was lovely, cant wait to see how they are getting on in Taming the Storm, Tom and Lyla's story.
on 18 September 2013
This was such a wonderful surprise and I was quite shocked at how much I loved Jake and Tru. Samantha Towle has written such a great love story that I could not put this down and read it in one go. I think I liked that Jake is not the perfect alpha male. He has issues, but that only adds to his appeal. The other characters are interesting too. I loved Stuart. Then there's the sex. My, oh my. Very hot. I normally read paranormal romance and just decided to give this a shot on a whim. I am so glad that I did. I was hooked and could not wait for the sequel to be released. Just loved this.
on 20 August 2013
Really enjoyed this it was a wonderfully written story I've been waiting for this book for ages and it really didn't disappoint its a must read
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 28 August 2013
I loved the first book and was eagerly waiting for this book. It's been a long wait.
This book had good and bad points, I loved Jake he was to die for, he was romantic, caring and protective. Tru seemed quite a bit different in this book, rather more insecure, I did get it up to a point given jake's past. But he certainly told and showed her his devotion. For the most part the beginning was a bit of a catch up with the two of them. It took a while to warm up. But once it got going the story became far more interesting. Especially the last 25%.

The characters from the first book made welcome appearances, especially Stuart I really liked him. The other band members were featured as well. I'm hoping Tom will get his own story.
All in all a fairly enjoyable read. Maybe not quite as good as it predecessor. But I look forward to more from this author.
on 3 July 2016
Perfect follow up to Jake and Tru's story. Really struggled to put these book down, I found this book quite emotional in parts. It's really well written, the story moves at a good pace which I like in a book. Love Samantha Towle's writing.

There's really nothing to not like with this series ... 5 recommended stars.
on 5 September 2013
Wethering The Storm by Samantha Towle

4 stars!!

"There is no one else for me, I begin and end with you."

This is the sequel to The Mighty Storm (TMS) and it was a fab 2nd book albeit a little predictable in places. I loved this book, I didn't think I could fall for Jake Wethers any more than I did in TMS but I did. He was nigh on perfect in this book.

"But I swear to you, I'm not that person anymore. You have me, like no one before. You have me where it counts." Taking my hand, he rests it over his T-Shirt, over his heart. "You hold this in the palm of your hand. You are the only woman who has ever had it, and ever will. You own me Tru."

As we know Jake Wethers was the bad boy rock star in TMS, Tru Bennett was his high school sweetheart that never worked out, but they were reunited when Tru was assigned as a music journalist to interview The Mighty Storm. I love second chance romances and Samantha Towle has delivered this in spades with this series. Once again, this book sizzles, the steam factor is off the charts with these two and it is a beautifully told love story.

Jake has really matured in this book, he has really developed as a character. He loves Tru with every fibre of his being, he is clean, he respects her, he is actually turning a bit pussy whipped much to the amusement of his band mates. Jake and Tru are taking some time out to find themselves as a couple before heading back into the "music world" flashing her new bling on her engagement finger and their imminent move to LA Tru is super nervous. She fears that things will change once they are back out in the eyes of the paparazzi and what with Jake heading back into the music scene she is worried that old habits will come back too.

"Well, breaking up isn't even an option, if that's what you're thinking."

Their perfect bubble is burst all too quick when they need to get back to LA when Jake's company is the victim of fraud, even worse that it is someone on the inside, someone that Jake trusts. Reluctantly they head back to sort out the mess. Tru feels a bit lonely, she has no friends around her a constant press presence on her every move and she can't help but read all the negative comments about Jake and her engagement. "She is ugly, she is not worthy" etc etc. She can't help but read her vilification from The Mighty Storm fans. Luckily she finds a new BFF in the form of Stuart, he is Jake's right hand man and is gay, but he is hilarious! This guy deserves his own book!!

"Because your leaving broke my heart, Jake, and when you cut off all contact, what was left of my heart shattered. Music was always our thing, and it just hurt too much to play without you. And then one day, not long after you were gone, I just couldn't bring myself to touch the keys. When you left...I guess the music left with you."

As with all relationships, there are ups and downs, there is angst, there are miscommunications and this relationship is no different. It is just a lot harder with the scrutiny of the press and fans on every move that Tru and Jake make.

"There isn't anything I won't do for you, Tru. Nothing I won't do to make you happy. What I feel for you...it's limitless. There is nothing before or after you. There is only you."

Samantha Towle takes us on a journey with Tru and Jake, they have some mountains to climb during this story but Jake was always there when it mattered. Tru really came into her own in this book, although one decision she made did have me spitting feathers at the time but I could see why. But one thing you just couldn't question was their love for each other. It was there is spades and you felt it, they are like 2 halves joined together, they truly are soul mates.

I was really itching to read this book and with all the hype and waiting I feared I would be disappointed, but I wasn't although as I said above there was some predictability, there are things that happened that I never saw coming and had me screaming and crying at the kindle. Samantha Towle sure knows how to out you through the wringer.

This is a book about love and trust, it is an emotional journey and has been beautifully written. I thoroughly enjoyed Jake and Tru's story from beginning to end. I can't wait to see what is next in this series, I believe that Tom is up next and I can imagine that he has some very wild story to tell! Bring it on Samantha Towle.

- Love is just a word

August 31st, 1989
July 21st, 2012

[...]
on 28 August 2013
Another amazing read from this author just keeps getting better and better waited a long time for this book but well worth it. Fantastic read couldn't put it down till I had finished reading it just like the first book felt every emotion and heartache the love these two had for each other made me cry in parts they defiantly deserved a happy ending. Keep them coming Samantha towle.
on 21 August 2013
I am going to be straight up and honest with you. I was a complete mixed bag of emotions when it came time to start reading Wethering the Storm. I was excited because I was about to get some more Jake Wethers, and I was scared to death because I just didn't know what to expect. Tru and Jake had to fight through so much in The Mighty Storm, and I wanted their fighting days behind them. I didn't know if my heart could take more turmoil. But, I pulled up my big girl panties and started it at Midnight, as soon as it appeared on my Kindle... I didn't stop reading until 5:00am.

"There is no one else for me. I begin and end with you."

Tru. I loved Tru in The Mighty Storm. I thought she handled the situations which arose in a calm and mature manner. Can I just ask? What happened to THAT Tru? Because I now more than once found myself wanting to slap her up side her head, and I found myself rolling my eyes at some of her actions and internal thoughts. Jealousy. It's an evil thing. And unfortunately for a hot minute it turns Tru into one of those crazy women that I despise in books. Thankfully it only lasts a short time, and then she wises up.

"You don't complete me, Tru. You make me who I am. You make me better. I'd be nothing without you. Nothing. I've been there once before, and I'm never going back. I'm never losing you again."

Jake "the snake" Wethers. *sigh* He has got to be one of my all time favorite rock stars. You all know that I am in love with the male perspective, so getting even a few chapters in Jake's POV was like winning the lottery. I was overjoyed to be in his head, and let me just tell you that it's an amazing place to be. Jake continues to struggle with his past, and yes his past includes his drug use. I hate spoilers, and I do not think this is one but I just have to add that drugs are a constant struggle... but they are not used. I think it is important to know that because it was one of my major concerns. Jake has finally realized there are other ways to deal with troubling circumstances, rather than running to the nearest dealer. Like I said, it's a constant struggle, but it would have been unrealistic for Jake to be able to immediately stop using and it not be on his mind. This made the story real.

"I want you to have the best of everything I can give you. And I'm not talking money here, Tru. I'm talking memories. Our life together."

This is not your run of the mill rock star book, this is about a girl and boy who fell in love when they were little. Before the stardom and making it big. Deep down, that is what it is all about. A boy and girl who always knew they would be together forever, they just lost their way for a few years in-between.

The ending was absolutely perfect. I honestly can not think of a better way that I would have wanted it to all end up for these two, we even get an epilogue. I had tears in my eyes at the end, it was truly just perfection. I am now looking forward to the third book in this series, which at the time of this review has yet to be named or given a publication date. But that book will follow Tom. We saw some changes in him in this book, and it will be nice to get inside his head a little bit. I bet it's a strange and scary place... I can't wait.

"There isn't anything I won't do for you, Tru. Nothing I won't do to make you happy. What I feel for you... it's limitless. There is nothing before or after you. There is only you."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads
on 24 March 2015
I loved it! Absolutely fantastic. I didn't want it to end. I feel lost that I finished the book! I love jake he finally realised where he needs his strength to be a good guy. This book just gets better with every page turned. I love reading rock star books and this is one of the best. Unable to get my head out of the book until I finished it. All the characters are just brilliant I love the banter with the band, so good I was laughing with them! Tru is the girl who you can't help but love and has a witty mouth. This book is so good I'm just happy that I picked it up and I'm certainly reading the next book straight away.