on 10 April 2015
It's been an exceptionally long time since I felt compelled enough to write a book review... The circumstances are even more unusual given the fact I'm only halfway through reading the actual book! Furthermore, I'm not going to concern my review with the actual storyline of the novel, as that has already been done elsewhere by other dedicated reviewers. I do, however, hope to (i) draw your attention to the inevitable realism of the predictions made by a talented and currently commercially unrecognised author, and (ii) make a necessary comparison with our own modern age, proving that white Europeans (as other ethnic groups) are indeed being subliminally manipulated, socially bullied and politically pacified in order to be led down a biological path of no return. Whilst this wouldn't be the right place to propose necessary counter-actions to the nightmarish, politically-correct future Kendall creates, the first start would be to buy, beg or borrow this book... The quote "know thy self, know thy enemy" will never be more appropriate, and regrettably I can foresee the day in two hundred years when this book finally achieves posthumous recognition for its pinpoint accuracy, if not two hundred years too late.
Before I begin my review, please don't fall for the ploy that being an anti-multiculturalist (or, from a different perspective, being pro-white European) is a path for the bigoted, lazy and stupid among us. Yes, the western media and powers-that-be frequently forcibly create misleading mental links in the minds of the happily blind masses, however some of the most intelligent writers (of both fiction and non-fiction) are to be found in this proudly niche genre of anti-PC publishing. Look up some of the essays by Dr. William Luther Pierce and you'll see what I mean. Secondly, and most importantly, if the prospect of thinking or becoming anti-establishment or anti-"political correctness" makes you feel uneasy, please, force aside any of the inevitable feelings of guilt that arise within your gut. These are essentially a pre-programmed biological response to years of ever-increasing mental conditioning, and particularly, the thoughts of being pro-European are often popularly denounced as being "racist". This book is not "racist", nor will it ever be... It's just pro-race. Overcome the self-doubting, prejudicial view you have blinding your own outlook, and immerse yourself into the possibilities of what may lie beneath the surface.
Although "Hold Back This Day" has been popularly described as the "white man's 1984", it's important to mention that Kendall's novel doesn't overtly borrow from Orwell's classic, although both make highly accurate predictions concerning the future of control, surveillance and societal manipulation. The bleak, futuristic, coffee-coloured world Ward Kendall paints with his masterful use of the English language inches closer with every day that passes. Personally, although I cannot recommend this book enough, it's a genuine concern that (should the book one day receive the exposure it rightfully deserves) the mindless, brainwashed masses of the current Western world would no doubt happily join the pro-PC agitators in attempts to discredit Kendall with being a "racist nut-job" or perhaps, more simply, another "textbook conspiracy theorist". After all, any book with an anti-multicultural agenda could only EVER be classified as racist nonsense... Or could it? In an effort to prove that this dystopian, Africanised future poses a genuine threat to the safety and society of the white European in 2015, here's some (quite real) food for thought... No spoilers either!
1. The novel is set in a bleak, undesirable and exceptionally frightening future where the individual countries of Earth (and their respective governments) have been blended and merged into a unified world government, colloquially referred to as "World Gov". Borders no longer exist, and World Gov controls access to the differing "sectors" (previously continents) by use of permanent, electronic wrist bracelets. Whilst it is currently the fashion, certainly within England, to dismiss such a proposition of a world government, no matter how factually-based, as conspiracy theorist rubbish, there are thousands of websites (along with tens of thousands, if not millions, of people) rightfully concerned about such a development. Universally, this underground connivance has become so well-known that it is often referred to as the "New World Order". Do some online research and prepare to become worried.
2. In the novel, Kendall suggests the efforts of the unified government (World Gov) have virtually eradicated the white European from the face of the earth, in the apparently "noble" pursuit of removing any identifiable trace of racial background or distinctive genetic makeup from the world citizens. In this fictitious world, the government subsequently classifies and distinguishes the varying brown masses by skin-tone numbers (1-9) with a view at narrowing those to an acceptable median. Yet over FORTY-FIVE years ago (in 1969, no less) the majority-white pop group Blue Mink sang the famous lyrics "take a pinch of black man, wrap him up in white skin... Oh what a beautiful dream, if it could only come true... What we need is a great big melting pot... Turning out coffee-coloured people by the score". If that wasn't proof enough of the hidden "unification" agenda, when a white European and a black African/black Caribbean couple have a child, the child typically self-identifies as being "black", thereby statistically eradicating any white/European heritage. Now, take a look around at every state or agency-issued poster, leaflet or book. The ever-happy group of one African, one European, one south Asian and one Oriental all smiling and holding hands is yet another stage in the realisation of this subliminal moulding process. [Quick experiment - try a Google search for "famous white people" and look aghast at the results it brings up!]
3. In the novel (notably, first published approx. 2004 I believe) any individual who fails to be seen actively embracing "multiculturalism" at any and every publicly opportune moment risks being sent to World Gov sanctioned "Racial Sensitivity Camps". In today's apparently enlightened age of 2015, a quick Google search for the topic of "racial sensitivity training" brings back thousands of results, from diversity websites and "action" charities through to actual, corporate businesses, all operating with the sole purpose of "countering racist thoughts and beliefs" through the implementation of - guess what? Racial sensitivity training. A perfect example of Kendall's fiction becoming frightening fact.
4. In the novel, Kendall depicts the World Gov educational establishment as, over time, having purposefully re-written white Europeans out of history. The world-changing invention of the steam engine and the discovery of penicillin are now attributed to African inventors, as it is proclaimed that the white Europeans simply "stole" the inventions and creations of the much more intelligent, ever downtrodden black Africans. Does this sound ridiculous? Does this fictitious proposal sound so incredulous that it couldn't possibly be true? Do a Google search for "black invention myths" and read the truth for yourself... Although the sudden exposure of the discreet creation of this "alternative history" has, for the time being, confined the scandal to resting behind closed doors.
5. Finally... Kendall makes mentions of the unified world religion, Chrislaminbuddism, and its respectively consolidated public holidays. But, ask yourself, when was the last time you celebrated White History Month? Or Albert Einstein day? When did you last sit down to watch White Entertainment Television? Does your place of employment have a White European Association? These are realities for those who identify with the racial group self-identified as being "black", and in the real world, it's currently considered distasteful (if not downright "racist") within general society for whites to disapprove of, or turn their backs on, such diverse and equal "celebrations" or "holidays". Racial sensitivity training, anyone?!
Ultimately, if you, like me, are a white European, and if you, like me, are increasingly concerned about (or developing an accelerated awareness of) multiculturalism and the possibilities of a hidden, subliminal, government drive to conceal racial identity from the perspective of the white European, then this book is for you. Thus far, I cannot fault the language, the grammar, or the overall tone of the novel, and I firmly believe Kendall should be praised for raising his head above the proverbial parapet. Kendall should be applauded for speaking out, as individualism drowns in the rising government-created waters of pro-ethnic multiculturalism. Kendall's fearlessness of criticism from those subscribed to the pro-PC agenda should not be underestimated, nor should his remarkable achievement in successfully having this novel published and made available worldwide.
It appears this book has a sporadic history of availability - my own, personal recommendation (for what it's worth) is that, for the sake of a few pounds, you take advantage of it being currently commercially available on Amazon Prime. Order it, receive it, sit down somewhere comfortable and begin to read. The chances are, you'll only put it down briefly to sadly reflect on the comparisons with our own, current reality. Metaphorically speaking, white Europeans are already passengers in a plane set to auto-pilot, which is currently travelling at a reasonable speed. The destination? Only your government knows that. But why let yourself become an unwilling passenger? Why allow anybody with an ulterior motive to fly you anywhere? Let this book be your first step in questioning the overall agenda. Don't let the tired cries of "racist!" silence your pride in your history, or quench your thirst for knowledge. Give yourself credit for sitting here, reading this, and remember - the meaning of the word "diversity" has been twisted beyond recognition. To be "discriminating" used to mean you had distinguished taste. Modern diversity is an illusion - it is certainly NOT diverse, and there will be no hope without sacrifice... Believe me.
All that remains to be said is this: if this book forms your first proverbial step, I wish you the very best on your journey to enlightenment. The rest, as they say, is up to you. Thank you for reading.