on 2 December 2012
I am sort of becoming addicted to these type of stories however it is quite difficult to find the really good ones out of the fifty shades explosion that is happening right now. I'm afraid to say that this was one of the weak ones for me in fact I couldn't force myself to finish it.

The first thing which annoyed me is if you are going to set a book in another country do your research first. Naked is set on London and Ethan is English. In England we do not Advil we have Nurofen and we do not refer to our mobile phones as a cell phone we call them mobiles.

Secondly and this is the major reason why I didn't finish the book is that there was no character development. Because the book is so short we never get a chance to learn about the characters. Brynne and Ethan meet, jump into bed virtually straight away and then declare love for each other. I found it just ridiculous.

This book has got lots of great reviews and 5 stars however it was definitely not for me and I am going to give it 1 star.
on 20 July 2013
I really loved this,
Ethan, he was all man, Brynne all girly.

They are both hiding past secrets, hers an old humiliating relationship, his scars and torment from his service in the special forces.

What begins as a job offer for Ethan, which he trys to push off, ends up with him falling hard for the object of protection. They meet at an art gallery where Brynne is part of the exhibit, he purchases her painting, then manages to convince her to give her a lift home. His caring nature takes over, even if a little unbelievable you feel a connection forming.

Brynne has feeling almost instantly, even though she begins to fight them. They start the beginning of a relationship, although you get the impression Ethan wants more than Brynne is offering, but she begins to fall in live with him, and him her.

She surprises him at work, which turns out to be a hot session, only to have everything tumble around them when a telephone message is heard on loud speaker , where Brynne learns a very disturbing truth. The only thing she can do is leave, both very heart broken and distraught, oh I hope they manage to get to hear the truth from each other
on 17 December 2014
Oh my God, I couldn't stop reading this. I loved it, completely and utterly and can not recommend it enough (my mum lived it too)
on 19 January 2014
I loved reading this book...couldn't put it down and was very eager to start book 2! I loved the characters, the intensity at times and the story line. A must read...you won't be disappointed!
on 22 January 2013
I chose this book following recommendation and whilst I liked the general story, and characters, it really just didn't "do it" for me. I found it difficult to get in to, although I read it in a couple of hours it didn't have the "can't put it down" feel. There is also the very large issue of the author not researching the British way of life/terminology correctly, as other have pointed out:

Strip-Mall - I don't think there is one in the UK! I had to Google this to find out what it was, although I had a suspicion is was a row of shops.

Nurofen - Ethan buys Brynne Nurofen early in the book, she reflects about this incident later and calls is Advil - Advil is not available in the UK, Nurofen is.

The Range Rover - Oh My! Since when has a Range Rover been called a Rover. Rover is a completely different brand of motor car (long since taken over/liquidated or whatever happened to it) Range Rover is owned and built by Jaguar Land Rover, not Rover. There is a passage in the book where Brynne gets all comfortable in the Rover, I had visions of her snuggling down in my Mum's old Mini-Metro - not a luxurious Range Rover - anyone who happened to flick through this novel and stumble upon this piece of text would think we had a very rich man who could only afford a cheap car!

The list goes on and honestly it did spoil it for me slightly, especially the Rover business, as you may gather, in fact it was at this point that I effectively skimmed the remainder of the book.

Unfortunately I am not inclined to read the second in this trilogy, which is unfortunate as if time had been taken to correct these, what are quite minor inaccuracies, it would have had a much, much better feel about - it's a shame.
on 1 February 2014
What can I say apart from this book blew me away and I could not put it down !! It is set in London in the run up to The Summer Olympics 2012.
Ethan Blackstone is head of a Elite Security Firm and is one hot alpha male.
Brynne Bennett is an American studying in London and to help pay the rent she is a part time nude photographic model for a friend.
Ethan buys a nude portrait of her but he wants more than just a picture. He wants Brynne in his bed and he is used to getting what he wants. He won't take no for an answer
“I want to be with you so badly right now. i want to take you home with me, and put you in my bed and have hours and hours with your body wrapped up in mine and to do with as I wish. I want to have you in the morning so when we wake up I can make you come, saying my name...I want to watch some crap TV show and have you fall asleep against me on the couch so I can watch you and hear you breathing”
They both have Huge secrets can they overcome them or will they destroy them
If you don't like Cliff Hangers you may want to get book 2 before you start this book
on 9 February 2014
I cannot understand the 5 star reviews for this book. The storyline is weak and sketchy at best, the female protagonist has no depth and as for Mr Blackstone, he is bordering on stalker-creepy.

I adore a good love story and enjoy the eroticism that the genre now seems to have tons of. However this book left me bored and I was actually skipping pages to get to the end. There was just no cohesion in the story, AT ALL.

I live in London and the references were actually quite annoying. No Londoner uses the word "period". We say "end-of" or even "full-stop". This showed the author's lack of knowledge regarding all things Londonish.

Compared to some other books in this genre, it is ridiculously overpriced too. Please don't waste your money or your time. Full Stop!
Naked (The Blackstone Affair) Raine Miller

ARC supplied by Edelweiss

After the notorious Fifty Shades of Grey there seems to have been any number of duos and trilogies mimicking the format - some very successfully and some...well to be honest they're either blatant rip-offs of just poorly written by authors that haven't an original thought in their heads. Thankfully Raine doesn't have that problem and with Naked she's brought us a riveting, passionate romance between two very charismatic people.
Brynne: its clear she's got a very troubled past though its only hinted at in the book. She's an American grad student at the University of London and a part-time photographic model. Businessman Ethan Blackstone sees her portrait (and her) at an exhibition and immediate wants both. The portrait is easy - Brynne a bit harder to achieve. Ethan, successful businessman running a top security firm. He's a real Alpha type, Controlling and caring, sexy and sensuous, and just the type of hero we want in a romance.
Brynne has left scandal in her past and is living the good life. She's an outwardly confident American grad student at the University of London and a part-time photographic model, she's getting back on track from past troubles with lots of hard work and focusing on a career in art conservation. When successful and charismatic Ethan buys her nude portrait, he wants to possess more than just her image. He wants Brynne in his bed, serving him in every way possible. He has no trouble voicing his desires, and he isn't taking "no" for an answer.
I want to know more about the secrets they're both holding close to themselves, I want to see more of how they progress - I just want to read the rest of the series. I'm waiting for a review request answer but if it doesn't come soon I'll just have to buy them as I'm desperate to know what happens next! I love the emotion tis book brought forth, the sadness and heartbreak along with the highs of a romance going well. I feel a good romance needs lots of contrasts to make the reader appreciate the writing and story best.
OK. Cliffhangers: regular readers of my reviews will know I hate them; ditto books where its not made very clear that they are part of duo/trilogy. Points to Raine ( and a heartfelt thankyou!) for making it clear this is a three book series, and also though the end of book one is a sort of cliffhanger, there a bit of the beginning of book two included which shows ( though we guess it anyway ) that Ethan is determined to pursue Brynne and not give up.
Sex, yes this book has it - lots of hot, steamy, erotic sex so if you don't like it then be warned and if you do there's lots to look forward to :) Raine has written the sex well, its fits both the storyline and the type of people they are and that's very important. I hate seeing people acting out of character just so author can include some spice.
OK, what else? Price- £5.08 for 208 pages , so isn't cheap but for readers of good romance its one to re read and its definitely joining my keepers file. Stars: five, I loved it!
on 15 April 2014
Loved the story line, the characters and the way its written, although I'd like to give it 5 stars I can't. Because its a short read some of it feels rushed, over here uk some of the terms we use are different (cell, advil nooo) and it doesn't always feel like its set in London. Having said that I have already started All In #2.
on 20 June 2013
Heard about the Blackstone Affair series via Twitter. Thoroughly enjoyed. I would say a must read if you've read & enjoyed FSoG or Crossfire Series!