Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 January 2014
This is an interesting book and the the first book I've read from this genre! Basically this book dictates what a winning metality is , how a winner behaves in certain situations and what a winner will do that no one else will . Book really did get me to evaluate where I am at present and certainly was an effective learning tool and will certainly benefit my sporting endeavours and indeed is not just sport related as the same principles can be employed to business etc.
on 17 February 2016
Incredible, definitely allowed me to realise my potential, and accept that it was on me and nobody else. Grover focuses on the lives of Elite NBA players, without telling you how to do things, forcing readers to become self motivated. Definitely a book to study over a long period of time, as opposed to reading all in one night, there is just so much to take from it
on 20 April 2014
What a disappointment and an utter waste of money. As a trainer working with professional sports people I have come to realise that the sport is made up of 40% physical ability and 60% mental strength and will-power.

I purchased this book hoping I would be introduced to knew concepts and ideas, how best to approach improving the mental process of pros and generally new ways to get the best out of my players.

What I actually got was a book with a load of stories about how so and so was better than ever one else because of the way they did this or they did that. I was so disappointed. I wanted to hear how the author had improved Jordan's focus, how he had taught Wade to achieve greater heights and how he had shown Pippen how to get into the Zone.

I have no doubt that the author is exceptional at what he does but I wanted to know HOW he did it, not just anecdotes.
on 2 February 2015
Very Disappointing. The book could have been very good and promised a lot, but ultimately I can save you the purchase price. Michael is brilliant, Kobe is Brilliant, Dwayne is brilliant, the author, well.... he is brilliant too. Once time Dwayne punched Kobe on the nose, it was brilliant. Michael played with a cold once, how brilliant is he? Kobe practises a lot which is brilliant...oh did I tell you how brilliant Michael is. I am brilliant too. The greats work hard as well as having natural talent, that's why they are brilliant. You (the reader) probably are not brilliant, but I (the author) am brilliant. Michael and Kobe and Dwayne...they are all brilliant too.
on 15 November 2014
Some good insight - a little repetitive in places. Started well ended too quickly - expected more examples and anecdotal stories other than just MJ, Kobe and Dwayne Wade·
I loved the definition of a Cleaner.....but the book finishes just as you really get into it and comes across as a self help book…
An ok read but was expecting more
on 2 May 2013
Every person should have his book on hand.

We see why Michael Jordon and Kobe Bryant are so determined to succeed.

If you want to be a "cleaner" in all facets of your life. Get this book.

If you are happy with how you are now, then don't buy the book.

It is simple as that.
on 7 August 2013
I can not think of any so called footballer who is a 'Cleaner!!!' A definite read if you want to know what it really takes to be the best!
on 31 August 2015
Phenomenal book. Tim Grover knows exactly what it takes to become unstoppable and his work with Michael Jordan and countless other players backs it up. I have never read nothing like this and it's an eye opener if you want to take your life to the next level in anything, not just sports. The concept of coolers, closers and cleaners really helps to break down the good, the great and the unstoppable. Don't just read it...use it.
on 1 November 2015
This book was on the bookshelf at my holiday home. It explains how the characteristics of a sociopath can be utilised to get ahead of nicer people.
on 3 March 2016
I am no athlete but I would 100% recommend this book to anyone who need a strong kick up the back side. Tim S. Grover style of writing is just straight to the point and no BS, which is what I love. great book