Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 13 March 2017
This won't do the writing for you but is an invaluable tool in the multitude of influences in the writing process.
It takes the form of a dictionary which lists many emotions and then spends a couple of pages on each, giving examples of physical symptoms, sensations, cues, responses and much more.
I don't write as much as I would like to and I think that this will help.
on 26 August 2017
I bought this on the recommendation of another author, and within only minutes, it paid for itself. If you're a writer wanting to take it to the next level by using well thought out emotion tells and not simply relying on tired cliches, this book is for you. Not only is it filled with suggestions that are extremely relevant, but it explains why the work better. If you're an author, you'll already have a dictionary and a thesaurus, but go one level further and buy The Emotion Thesaurus. Take your writing up a gear.
VINE VOICEon 15 November 2012
Have you ever wondered how to describe embarrassment, fear, revulsion? What's the right expression for shame? Well, this book will come to your rescue with a section for the most common human emotions and their corresponding physical and inner expressions and reactions. This is useful not only when you are not sure of what the right emotion would be for a certain feeling, but also when you need help describing it and want to go beyond the usual 'he frowned'. This guide is a definite 'must' for all novice writers and I predict that you will be referring to it over and over again.
on 11 December 2017
I absolutely love this book! I received it two days ago and I think it is my new best friend. It is such a valuable resource for writers and can give you that little bit of inspiration needed for showing your character's emotions in a variety of ways. The writers tips are great too!
on 3 November 2015
James Scott Bell (I'm his number one fan) says that it's possible to learn the craft of writing so I'm persevering. We always hear 'show don't tell', but I was finding it difficult to do that. I bought this book and used it to write my latest chapter of a story for young adults. It made a huge difference and I'm excited about the work I produced after using it.
on 25 November 2017
Super helpful!!!

So many good descriptions which lead to new ideas in my own mind to help me forward developing new ways of writing down emotions.
No writer should go without this book.
on 2 March 2017
This book has changed my writing life. I am so grateful to Angela for creating this wonderful writing tool. It's so useful and a key part of any writing project.
on 9 August 2017
So simple but so efficient! Great to have on hand to aid with slight writers block or to just give you an idea on how to portray what your charters are feeling through actions and/or thoughts. I love it!
on 12 July 2017
Fine, nothing marvellous.
on 16 December 2013
It is good to have an array of books such as these to bolster a writer's work. I found it easy to read and did go some way to extending some adjectival and superlative phrases. If you are looking for some variety and inspiration then this comes in handy.