Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 July 2016
five stars
on 3 August 2017
a good read
on 15 July 2015
Love Steph Plum, laugh out loud fun, just want to keep reading forever!
on 15 March 2017
very happy with purchase
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 January 2014
Every year I vow to give up reading the Stephanie Plum series, and every year I read the next one to find myself hugely disappointed. My teenage daughter loves the series and requested the book for Christmas. She loved it. I didn't.

I think this is the weakest book of the whole series. The crime element was very poorly written. It seemed very hasty and ill conceived. Even the love triangle element fizzled out in this volume. The incidental characters were all bland and cartoonish, which leaves nothing much of anything left to say. Evanovich has written herself into a corner. The characters are nothing but caricatures, nothing happens to move them on in terms of plot or growth and in trying to maintain the status quo the books have lost all their spark, all their charm and anything that made them a delight to read.
on 7 December 2013
Well, think it might be time to move on the storyline. How long can one cheap date keep stringing along two guys and stuffing her face with bad food? Not even the presence of a giraffe could lift this tale out of the doldrums.
on 26 December 2013
I've been a huge fan of Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Plum but I think that the time is up on how far or how long the series can continue on for. Although the book makes fairly entertaining reading it didn't come across as anything special and was just another series of mishaps, rescues and who is going to be chosen by Stephanie. Usually I am the first to buy the new book but this time I asked for it for a Christmas present which shows that I am not as enthusiastic to read them as I used to be.
Read the earlier ones in the series they are laugh out loud funny and have a good storyline, unfortunately this is now lacking in the recent ones.
on 2 December 2013
I have been a devoted fan of these books for a long time now. They are funny, easy to read and even sexy at times but enough is enough. After twenty books with basically exactly the same storyline I am starting to resent having to pay ten pounds a pop for the latest instalment. The scenes between Stephanie and Ranger or Stephanie and Morelli have lost all magic replaced instead by totally exhaustive soliloquies about misplaced religious guilt over how she is living her life. While this was interesting for maybe two books, I'm starting to wonder why Stephanie doesn't just man up and pick. Evanovich has left me with the overwhelming feeling that she has no idea how to end this series but end it she must. Because right now she is pushing it into the grave. No one cares about the crimes or the bounties anymore, all I want to now is WHICH ONE?!
on 13 December 2013
Not nearly as good as I had hoped. Stephanie seems tired and not much fun anymore. What a great shame.
on 18 December 2013
I have read all other 19 Stephanie Plum books and couldn't wait for this one. But its not up to the quality of the others its bland has a weak story line and I thought it was a poor effort.