Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 January 2014
Loved this story was not sure as involved FBI Mafia etc so decided to not buy - but I hit the purchase button by mistake and am very glad that I did I really enjoyed this story - Dr Sophie and Thomas story kept wanting me to turn pages Hope there is a sequel although it does not need one Loved it
on 25 February 2013
I wasn't sure about this. I thought FBI and crime thriller not really my thing but I gave it a go and it was more a romance with some steamy bits in.
Sophie's a doctor and for some time she's noticed a very sexy man named Thomas,who's been fetching his brother to see another doctor. So when Sophie's at her lakeside holiday home and spots Thomas near the lake looking dazed and dischevelled she takes him in. He's suffering from amnesia and Sophie's gonna help him. There was plenty of steamy sex and even some actual criminal activity (although not that much). It turned out to be more like a love story and very relaxing to read.
on 8 February 2014
Have to admit I had my doubts about this book after reading the blurb but after the first chapter I was hooked. Not only is it very hot it also has a great storyline. Would recommend to all Beth Kery fans as a must read!
on 26 October 2015
Absolutely loved this Still haven't met a Beth Kery book I did not like,but this is now a favourite Hot sex as always I did not guess who the witness was, I am slipping ! Thomas's turmoil was very well written Recommended
on 18 January 2014
Love this book. Beth is a fab writer. Have told friends about the writer and they all really liked the book too.
on 31 January 2014
How fab. I think this is my favourite Beth kery book. I really enjoyed the story to go with the steamy side
on 29 December 2013
I enjoyed Kery's 'Because You Are Mine' series but this wasn't up to that standard. This is a sort of sub-standard version of 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' involving memory loss, a crime boss, an innocent bystander and sex. None of the characters were convincing and I ended up skipping pages without missing anything important. I won't bother with another Kery book.
Beth Kery can be a bit hit-and-miss and I no longer buy her books, though I will pick them up if they are waiting on a shelf at the library. This one was a pleasant surprise.

It's the tale of Dr Sophie, who is on vacation in a cabin in away from it all, when her peace and quiet is interrupted by Thomas, a guy whom she vaguely knows from seeing him at her practice, where his brother was a patient, who is in a state of shock.

He is a traumatised ex-military explosives expert, whose adoptive brother and nephew have just died in a boat explosion, and whose adoptive father is suspected of being a mob boss connected to the deaths, and he is in denial and injured. Despite all of this, he does not hesitate to railroad Sophie into hot, steamy sex and she is up for it.

There wasn't a lot of intrigue to the tale, as the author basically laid out the baddie at the very start, but there was a decent amount of background to Thomas, though not a lot about Sophie. There was lots of steamy, erotic sex. Not a bad tale, likeable characters and surprisingly Dr Sophie was willing to throw caution to the wind in her sexploits with Thomas, which kind of didn't ring true, but it worked for the purpose of the tale.
on 8 June 2015
really good read, Beth Kery as always delivered another enjoyable book packed with romance, sex and intrigue
on 1 September 2015
Loved this book. Great story that moves along at a pace.