on 31 October 2017
With a clear authorial voice and a prose style so straightforward that it conjures the images straight into your mind as if wired in directly, this so simple as to almost be a children's book, but of course it isn't that, it's much much more.

A mystery, unanswered, a magic almost pan dimensional tale.

I love this book and can't recommend it enough.
on 10 May 2017
Read this in one sitting on a flight home from Cuba - I'd have stopped to watch a movie or do something else but this is one of those books that you just can't put down... OK, so everything Neil Gaiman writes is brilliant, but this one isn't just the best book of his I've read, it's one of the best books I've ever read.
on 20 March 2017
Imaginative and intense,
The Ocean at the end of the Lane is a sweet, yet scary, story of childhood innocence and imagination.
on 7 March 2017
Just a wonderful story, told in an enchanting way. I read it too quickly, I couldn't put it down. So the next day I read it again. I don't think I've fallen in love with a book like that for years.
on 23 March 2017
Lots of fun and a really good read Thoroughly enjoyed this book
on 27 March 2017
This is a story that really keeps your attention. Enjoyed it
on 31 August 2017
This was a magical book - I love the way Neil Gaimen blends everyday life with magical and mysterious elements. I was sad when I finished reading this book.
on 21 June 2017
A wonderful read - a super storyline with a terrific plot and great characters. Written with great assurance and aplomb. Highly recommended.
*** 5 ***
on 4 August 2017
A Great mysterious book evocative of childhood nightmares, dreams and memories.
Great for adults and children alike (ten years and upward).
on 8 August 2017
I've not read any of Neil Gaiman's work before, this was such a simple pleasure I'm left with no choice but to try another.