on 21 June 2017
This is the first book I have read by this author. And it won't be the last. The story is good and the battles are so descriptive it makes the reader know how hard it must have been to be involved in such terrible action.
on 18 July 2017
A good account of Army life at that time and the manner in which the "scum of the earth" were treated by their officers. You treat a man as a brute and you will get a brute. The criticism I have is that, again, I have to wonder if the human body can take the punichment that Jack was forced to take?
on 15 November 2017
If you're a fan, as I am, of Cornwell's Sharpe, of military history deftly and authentically woven into gripping fiction, then Collard's Jack Lark is for you. For me this quality of read is a rare and welcome treat.
on 8 December 2015
A fine tale of the British army and of battles fought and lost both personal and for country , well written and enthralling to read
on 22 August 2017
This. Is my second novel by this author,how on earth I have missed reading this series before amazes me. The battle scenes are so realistic,I.wonder how I have not been wounded.
on 29 October 2017
A great read, fast paced, honest in depicting the life during the 1850 s . Well researched historical facts with a bend of humour and romance. Some of the plot lines you know what will happen to the hero but that does not take away from the page turning desire to find out more of what will eventually happen to Jack.
Should the rest of the series be as readable, a few long nights ahead seem to be looming.
on 8 August 2017
My introduction to this uthor and what a real good read. An interesting slant on the time and excellently written. I am now committed to reading all of these books.
on 3 August 2017
A very good read one for the military scholar. I enjoyed this book and found you were wanting to get back into the story
on 18 September 2017
Good read. Great caricture and enjoyed the story line from start to finish. Look forward to reading more in this series
on 3 June 2017
A great read where fact acne function mixed easily
Thoroughly enjoyed, could not put it down really I could not