on 27 April 2017
great loved could not fault.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 December 2014
An excellent continuation from Looking for JJ. In its predecessor, the plot revolved around the release from custody of 'child killer' Jennifer Jones and the furore this sparked. Now settled at University with a new identity, this instalment is more about her finding her own identity and what she is going to do with the rest of her life, living with her guilt and the consequence of acts done when she was just 10.

The sections that most interested me were the continuing flashbacks that pick up from the first book, at the time when Jennifer's friend's body is discovered, and what happens to Jennifer following this. Seeing how a child is treated and the sentencing process was fascinating, though I'd have liked even more detail.

Jennifer (now Kate) is fairly sympathetic in her student incarnation. She's trying to build a life, she's not forgotten her past (and a current missing child investigation brings it back home to her very suddenly), she's not off the rails but struggling to cope in many ways. Her own feelings for her mother and the hidden lies of the past that protected her mother are still present, and really frustrated me - I really needed Kate to see the truth about her mother and how it affected her own actions and also affected her sentencing. Even at the end of the book, I hadn't seen enough of this plot or Kate/Jennifer's mother - I want this storyline to be picked up on as it hasn't been finished, to my mind. No confrontation as yet.

Kate takes some actions I didn't like, but she does face up to her actions and knows she must continue to pay the price for what she did, no matter why it happened and how young she was. You have to admire her for that.

I found myself whizzing through the book. Though I must say, just as with the first book, the male 'love interest' I didn't find particularly stood out as a character and didn't really have an impact on me, just seemed like one of many.

I hope there is a continuation still, even if it's a novella. There is more of Jennifer's story to tell.
I was super excited when I first heard about this sequel to the wonderful Looking for JJ, which was a favourite book of mine as a teen. However, when I thought about it a bit more, the doubts started creeping in. Looking for JJ was an amazing stand alone book in my head for ten years and I’d never really thought it needed a sequel. What if the new book was surplus and it tainted the original for me?

Luckily, this wasn’t the case. Finding Jennifer Jones had plenty of new and interesting material to cover, both in Jennifer’s past and her present.

When we last left Jennifer Jones, she was starting a new life as Kate Rickman. We join her a couple of years later to find out how her life is progressing now. She’s changed from when she was shy, quiet Alice. This grown up version gets drunk and goes back to houses with random guys and skips out on her probation appointments. She’s tired of a life of being checked up on and feeling like she’s always looking over her shoulder. And when a young girl is murdered in the area and can be linked to her, things only get worse.

I liked this grown up Jennifer, though I did question some of the choices that she made. It’s such an impossible situation for her though: yes, she’s done her time and has technically been released to live her life, but she still did a terrible wrong and has to report in to various people. While she still feels guilty about what she did, she wants to be left alone to live in peace. But she also questions if she deserves that. It’s a really complex situation, and I couldn’t really decide my view on it. While I always feel on her side, as a protagonist I’m fond of, it doesn’t erase the fact that she took the life of a child.

There’s a lot more revealed about Jennifer’s life after the act she committed. I’d been curious about what went on afterwards, and it was great to read more about the trial and her life in a secure unit. We also see some familiar faces and find out about the wider effects of her act, as it changed the lives of more than just her and Michelle’s parents.

This was another fascinating book and I’m so glad I read it. It’s great to revisit a character that I loved so long ago, and I hope the sequel will encourage a new generation of teens to read the original too.
on 4 March 2014
Sequel book to Looking for JJ. subject matter in first book was difficult to get into because of recent child killings so struggled with it at first. found a growing sense of sympathy for Jennifer as I'm sure a lot of children have led are leading the life she did. eventually saw how leading a life such as that could damage someone so badly they would do what she was accused of and convicted of. That said its a fictional story and the romantic in me feels that someone else has committed the crime for which she has taken the blame. I'm looking forward to the next one so I hope Ann is typing fast and furiously cos I can't wait.
on 2 June 2014
A must for a Harry Potter fan.

I have enjoyed other books by Anne Cassidy but this has been my favourite so far. I advise reading the 1st book "Looking for JJ" because you will then understand this book better but you don't have to. I sat down and for about 3hours and read this book in one go it was such a thrilling tale with a mysterious storyline that you just needed to know what happened. The characters all had different personalitys and they were so beleivable that you felt they were alive. I am 12 but anyone from my age and above could read and enjoy this book.

Finding Jennifer Jones is about a teenager who murdered her friend at the age of ten and went to prison for six years. Jennifer is then realised with a new identity Alice Tully but this is discovered and she is rushed away with a new identity Kate Rickman, this book is about kate Rickman and her at university trying to forget about her past but the press are dying to find out more and when she meets people involed in the crime her past starts to leak out. The book has flashbacks to her 10 year old self so you can find out more about the crime.
I would definatly recommend reading this book as it is FANTASTIC!!
on 23 September 2015
Another nail-biting read, following the story begun in "Looking for JJ". Can Kate ever get over her past? Can anyone else ever forget it, or forgive her? Thoroughly recommended, especially for fans of Anne Cassidy.
on 25 April 2014
This book is filled with mystery and crime. I leaves you wondering what will happen next. I recommend this book as it is well written and for anyone who enjoy crime fiction books.
on 29 May 2014
This book is one of the best I've read in a long time. An amazing heart-wrenching story and a superb plotline! A must read maybe one day they should make a film
on 30 November 2014
Had me reading till 2am!!! Loved the first book and this book doesn't disappoint! It really shows how lives are changed by one action. Great read!
on 1 June 2016
Well written story I actually felt sorry for the young girl who killed her friend..I sat up all night reading this book .