Customer reviews

on 28 August 2016
The discs all work perfectly and arrived in good condition.

This series is another excellent one and is full of 'brilliant' episodes, as Arthur would say! A real delight to be able to listen to over and over again, and so sad that this show has now come to an end! It makes me laugh like no other radio show has managed to, with a sharp sense of humour, excellent writing, and a lively cast of amazing characters, from the adorable Arthur and his lively mother Carolyn to clever Douglas and sweet, but growingly confident, Martin. They fly all over the world together and I've found Cabin Pressure to be the perfect companion for my travels too!
on 11 June 2017
Continues the story of MJN Air (My Jet Now). A charter company with only one battered old jet called GERTI. A brilliant comedy with a superb cast. Each episode is funny in itself, but if you have not already heard then, treat yourself and get series 1 -3 as well.
on 6 February 2017
I have been waiting for this as I love Cabin Pressure! It's one of the best comedies along with The Castle! However, I was rather disappointed to find that much of Series 4 are previous episodes from earlier series. Or am I missing something? I listened to Zurich which tied up the loose ends of Cabin Pressure and the luckless Captain Crief and that was great so I was astonished to see Series 4 on Amazon. I immediately bought it but found I had already heard it so disappointing.
Cabin Pressure is great and I do hope we hear from them again for a completely new series.
on 27 February 2014
I cannot recommend this and the other 3 series highly enough. The writing is outstanding; each character develops over the 4 series, sometimes in ways you don't expect. Each episode carries on coherently, adding on from the last (so listen in order for the best experience). The plot twists and jokes are clever, never crude and the hapless Martin and hopeless Arthur don't always come off worst - there are no cheap jokes here. The end result is a pain free car journey - even in heavy traffic - and a stock of new family in-jokes about everything from the Travelling Lemon, to the sound of a genuine Patek Phillipe. Gotta buy and listen; you won't regret it.
on 8 May 2014
This is the most wonderfully entertaining show, although unfortunately I have yet to hear Series 4. Seller opened a long delivery window, then expressed surprise that I had not notified non receipt until the end. Responded well by offering replacement immediately, then discovered not in stock. Again responded well with immediate refund. But overall the exercise took several weeks from order to non fulfillment. However, Series 1 to 3 were, as Arthur would say, brilliant. We are listening for the second time and still laughing out loud. Get all the episodes however you can!
on 23 March 2017
A very clever, witty series of Comedies. A marvelous set of characters, superbly acted in a story of the trials and tribulations of a one aeroplane charter company as it carries an assortment of passengers around Europe.
on 8 July 2014
I love this programme so much. I don't want to say "best comedy on radio" as it's also better than pretty much all TV comedies. Okay, it might tie with 30 Rock. I was listening to it in work and my colleagues were wondering what could possibly cause such hilarity while stacking boxes. Cleverly written, and brilliantly acted by a cast that could not be more perfect. It makes me really sad that there will only ever be 26 episodes, but maybe that's a good thing. Maybe.
on 22 June 2017
John Finnemore has sprung into the public gaze, fully formed. The concept is brilliant, the characters ( including J.F. himself) are brilliantly written, and brilliantly acted. It had to be really good to get Benedict Cumberbatch, not even as the star. Another series, please.

Deliver slickly uneventful.
on 16 August 2013
This is proper radio comedy. If you love subtlety, originality, the odd surprise and real characters, treat yourself. Start from Series One and work your way through, or you will spoil the surprises for yourself. The characters develop over the episodes and don't always say and do what you'd predict they will - these are real people, with all their faults and joys.

I am willing John Finnemore to write a fifth series...... Anyone in your life who regrets that they don't write funny comedy programmes any more, buy them this for their birthday.
on 22 June 2013
I love this series, and am thrilled and gutted in equal measure about the way series 4 ended. Youhave to listen to find out, but safe to say that Martin ends up, if not on top, then at least nearing the summit, at long last.
Love the writing, love the humour, adore the cast, think Joihn Finnemore is a genius.
Repeated listening only improves the show.
Love love love.