on 18 September 2017
Christmas is a time for giving and Agatha tries to do just that by having some senior waifs and strays over for Christmas dinner. However the meal is abruptly ended when one of her dinner guests ends up dead. Was the Christmas pudding to blame? Agatha is a vain, opinionated woman who suddenly finds herself in a pickle. Was she to blame for the death? The plot is a skillful portrayal of village life and the cast of characters merge together well. A gentle read that might remind you of Mary St Mead.
on 5 February 2014
Here we are in familiar Agatha Raisin territory - she tries hard to fit into the village and village life, and it all backfires.

This time, Agatha has decided to play Lady Bountiful and invite half a dozen of the old folks of the village to a Christmas meal. Sensibly (given her previous forays into cookery) she hires caterers but decides to make the pudding herself - with predictably terrible results, and the pudding kills someone ... or does it?

This is a yarn with all the familiar elements and as such passes the time well enough, but I think this series has reached its sell-by date. To be honest, the biggest mystery for me was why it was called "Agatha Raisin and the Christmas Crumble" when it was a Christmas pudding that featured...
on 21 February 2013
I have read all of the Agatha Raisin books now, and enjoyed them immensely too on CD in the car. I per-ordered this book, with much anticipation, and I too was horrified at its rehashed lack lustre plot. I knew it was to be a short story, but it's really poor.
It really wasn't up to the usual good standard.
But for those who have never read any Agatha books except this one, please read Agatha Rasin and the Quiche of Death instead, which I'm pretty sure is the first in the series. It's a good read. And don't waste any time on this short story, I wouldnt even want to read it if it was free, and I paid for it.
on 14 December 2013
I downloaded this free festive Agatha Raisin short story and found it a good quick read.
Agatha, in a sudden moment of festive goodwill decides to invite some of the villagers round to Christmas lunch. As always where Agatha is concerned, things did not go well and as always she found herself at the centre of a murder investigation.
Considering this was a free read it was not a bad short story and made me laugh in places. I was never under any expectation that this was her latest adventure.
on 30 December 2012
As an avid reader of Agatha Raisin, I couldn't wait for this latest instalment, but was mightily disappointed when I, rather soon and abruptly I thought, reached the end. Yes, all the usual characters are there [except for the detective agency staff], but there a feeling of being rushed helter-skelter through a weak storyline to an even weaker and unsatisfying ending. It took me about two hours to read this 'pamphlet' ; the price was a rip off, but I don't suppose it'll put me off buying the next book in the series.
on 19 April 2017
The Agatha Raisin story's are brilliant and funny I am reading and listening to them from book one and now up to book 11.Worth buying and really can't put down now x
on 19 July 2017
Throughly enjoy this series of stories. Makes you smile/laugh as well as work out who did it and why.
on 3 January 2014
I have read other Agatha Raisin books and had an insight into the characters. I read this book at Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Found the book to be quite humorous, maybe because my culinary skills are similar to Agatha's. Did think the culprit was predictable but liked the ending.
on 17 July 2017
Another great read ,have all books of Agatha Raisin .
on 9 March 2017
lovely book and good service