on 1 October 2013
I do enjoy a good Francis Durbridge. I can overlook the casual misogyny which pervades everything he writes because it pervaded most of society in the 50s and is part of the evocation of a previous era. Woman are devastatingly beautiful, fragile and irrational, and men are hard working, tolerant and shouldering the big worries in life. Occasionally, it is toe curling, so I'm only giving it 4 rather than 5 stars.

The plot is good fun and if I shut my eyes I feel like I'm lounging with a martini, like the 'leisured classes' so respected by Durbridge.

I'm very much enjoying these new Durbridge recordings outside of the Temple and Frazer canon.
on 30 September 2013
The service was exellent. Came before time. Would buy from them again, Durbridge is an Fab writer and keeps you reading on.
on 4 January 2014
would definitely recommend, good story, didn't realise Francis Durbridge wrote anything other than Paul Temple I have the other similar CD which I also recommend
on 4 November 2013
I am A big fan of Francis Derbridge. What more can I say. I almost feel as if I was there in the plot.
on 14 November 2013
Took a while to work out what was going on, but that is the whole point of the mystery. A well told tale that keeps you engaged. A little dated, but that is the genre and a glimpse of the past.
on 30 December 2015
We've just listened to this on a road trip. It was so compelling that we had to grab sandwiches to eat in the car rather than have a sit down meal and waste listening time! It was hard to know which of the characters to trust ...
on 4 November 2013
Another excellent story from this author, plenty of suspense to keep you listening. looking forward to another one being released.
on 22 February 2014
This is an excellent cd arrived quickly following my order. Very well narrated by Greg Wise thoroughly enjoyable who done it. I did not want to get out of the car and interrupt my listening.
on 30 October 2016
Greg Wise is a brilliant reader of Francis Durbridge stories. This one has all the expected Durbridge twists and turns!
on 2 September 2014