Customer reviews

The Time of Our Lives
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 November 2014
Read all Jane Costello books and this one is terrible. Such a disappointment. She tried to be too funny and it just didn't work. Over compensated the storyline with what was meant to quick wit but turned out to be thoughtless humour with no point to it. Totally unrealistic storyline.
on 19 September 2015
I can see why this initially would be a good choice for a holiday read but I became increasingly frustrated and could not finish it. Quite predictable and one too many mishaps, I persevered because I wanted to find out about Roberto but in the end I didn't care enough to! The biggest let down was the mistake about Imogen's mobile phone - she gives it to her friend, gets drunk with Harry then reads several texts from her boss (?) and then her friend comes running up to her and gives her the phone because it's been ringing??! Couldn't believe that a mistake like this would not have been picked up, made the author look very amateur. There are better easy-reads out there.
on 23 August 2015
I hated this book. It is pure rubbish. The main character, Imogen has so many calamities, it makes Mr Bean look the most efficient person on the world. Completely far fetched and the most ridiculous storyline. I initially kept reading as I wanted to know what happened with Roberto, but gave up a third of the way, as it was so painful to read, that i I realised I couldn't care less. The type of humour a 6 year old would enjoy. This is my first and last Jane Castello book.
on 10 June 2016
Giggled my way through the whole book!
We all know (or indeed are!) that person who manages to get themselves tied up in knots and fall for every mishap in the book in personal, professional and family life. Just when you thought that nothing else bizarre could happen to the same person, another event has you in hysterics.
For every girl who has ever had a close couple of friends, a slightly mad job and the reality of family life, this book is perfect.
A summer read that will keep you chuckling by the poolside, just keep the drinks coming! Loved it!
on 17 March 2017
I loved this holiday romance! It flowed beautifully, a wonderful balance of humour and pathos, sprinkled with some harsh reality. It made me laugh out loud in places and, was perfectly suited to my need for a little uncomplicated light entertainment during a particularly stressful period in my own life. I have not read this author before but, rest assured, I shall be reading more from her in future! Happily gave it five stars.
on 7 April 2014
Sometimes along comes a book that you just want to devour and not put down, that is until you sense you're getting near to the end and you slow up, limiting your time as you can't bare to finish it. Well without a doubt this was one of those books. I could have happily continued in the lives of Imogen and Harry, Meredith and Nic for so much longer, some parts made be literally laugh out loud and it really was a great story, sadly though, like all good things, it came to an end and now I start the long wait til the next Jane Costello book.
on 5 September 2015
Sections of the book were well written, but the majority displayed lazy vernacular and mundane descriptions. The story-line was weak and the ambiguity about the late husband was transparent from the moment it was mentioned.
on 1 June 2017
It was a nice story - as always Jane Costello weaves great characters with intricacies and flaws and you can't help but like them. I do agree that the amount of accidents started to get tired and I was worried at one point that the main character was going to end up with more than just one broken arm!
on 23 August 2015
This was a bit of a slow burner and didn't really get going until the middle of the book, then it picked up big time and I was really enjoying it at the end. There were some "laugh out loud" bits, but not as many as I was expecting from the book description and previous experience of Jane Costello books.
on 22 July 2014
After reading another book Jane Costello that was fab, could not believe the utter rubbish that this book contained. Far fetched and complete rubbish