TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 November 2014
How this passed me by, I have no idea (and no, that wasn't a deliberate reference). I have to admit I didn't get this for the book but for the CD and, like me, I have no doubt many other Beatles fans have missed this, and it's something we would all want, as Beatles collectors tend to buy all their solo stuff too.

The CD has four tracks:

1. A brief introduction from Ringo explaining how it all came about.
2. A new recording of the song from, I assume 2013 (though it doesn't mention anywhere who was involved).
3. Ringo reading the words, so we can all follow from the book.
4. A karaoke version of the new recording.

The book is colourful enough and might be something little ones will return to, as long as you play the song.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2016
My 4 year old loves the song and is learning to read at the moment so I thought this would help him to learn. He loves it and this morning had already figured out how to play the audio tracks on my phone to sing along.

I had read this came with a CD, but my copy had a QR code in the back that takes you to a web page where you can listen to the audio. A bit annoying as I was going to put the CD in my car, but never mind.

The illustrations are beautiful and the text easy to read.
on 29 October 2013
The book is just great fun!!! Gorgeous illustrations! Excellent materials and printing! The text in the book is just the song lyrics and small introductions on the cover, but that's fine! Great for reading with children. My family is happy with the book! Thank you, Ringo!!! Peace, Love & Octopuses. (CD includes 4 tracks: Ringo's introduction, rare version of the "Octopus's Garden" song, Ringo narrating the song's lyrics and instrumental track for karaoke singing)
8 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 15 November 2017
So where is the CD then? There is a space for it at the back of the book but no CD!!!
on 2 June 2017
The illustrated lyrics.
Bought as a Christmas present.
on 21 January 2015
My 4-year old loves it more than me but that is all that counts. He constantly asks for this story to be read to him and he uses phrases and names of it in his games with his toys... My husband sings the Beattle song... We are all happy.
on 14 December 2013
I bought this for my granchild and he loves it. The illustrations are excellent and of course although I know the words, which are from Ringo's song, it was nice to read them to my grandson and it is quite magical. Then of course you get the bonus CD!
on 16 December 2013
Excellent fast next day delivery, I have bought for a Christmas gift but can tell u great quality book and kids will love the pictures. It also comes with a cd but as it's a gift have no played. Would recommend : )
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 January 2014
I purchased it for my granddaughter for Christmas. It arrived quickly & I was pleased that it did include the CD - I wasn't sure if it would because it didn't say in the description when I ordered it. I did wonder if it would be excluded because the price was much less than I'd seen this book elsewhere so I was extremely please when it arrived with CD included.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 August 2017
My granddaughter who's 2 and half (and me for that matter) love this book and CD! The illustrations are delightful. She says Hello to Ringo when he begins to speak and 'reads' the book to herself. A great find!