Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

How this passed me by, I have no idea (and no, that wasn't a deliberate reference). I have to admit I didn't get this for the book but for the CD and, like me, I have no doubt many other Beatles fans have missed this, and it's something we would all want, as Beatles collectors tend to buy all their solo stuff too.

The CD has four tracks:

1. A brief introduction from Ringo explaining how it all came about.
2. A new recording of the song from, I assume 2013 (though it doesn't mention anywhere who was involved).
3. Ringo reading the words, so we can all follow from the book.
4. A karaoke version of the new recording.

The book is colourful enough and might be something little ones will return to, as long as you play the song.
on 15 December 2016
My 4 year old loves the song and is learning to read at the moment so I thought this would help him to learn. He loves it and this morning had already figured out how to play the audio tracks on my phone to sing along.

I had read this came with a CD, but my copy had a QR code in the back that takes you to a web page where you can listen to the audio. A bit annoying as I was going to put the CD in my car, but never mind.

The illustrations are beautiful and the text easy to read.
on 2 June 2017
The illustrated lyrics.
Bought as a Christmas present.
on 23 November 2016
Lovely book. Well illustrated. Great value. Speedy delivery.
Link to Ringo reading the story an amazing bonus. We had one very happy little man.
on 10 September 2015
MAYBE SOMETIME WE' ALL MEET THERE
on 21 February 2016
So beautiful
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 February 2014
‘Octopus's Garden’ written by Ringo Starr and illustrated by Ben Cort is a picture book that leads the youngest readers on a journey into the underwater world, to visit octopus's garden deep beneath the sea surface.

The book was inspired by author’s voyage in the Mediterranean when Starr heard story from the captain about the octopuses that travel across the world seas collecting bright objects and perfect stones to use them in their beautiful gardens deep beneath the sea.

Ringo Starr’s book is not complicated and therefore it’s tailored even for the young children about 3 years old who will enjoy beautiful story about friendship and the beauty and innocence of childhood, while looking at colorful illustrations of underwater peaceful environment. Ben Cort for this book prepared illustrations full of marine color shades that soothe the young reader making this picture book perfect for bedtime reading.

The book comes with a nice add-on, a CD that features the author Ringo Starr (The Beatles member) who reads the book to young children in pleasant and peaceful way that will appeal to children. On this CD there is also a new recording of the song and an instrumental version that kids can sing with, together with opening message from author.

‘Octopus's Garden’ is well-made beautiful looking picture book for the youngest readers, that both with its text and artwork will be enjoyed by parents as much as their kids. I have read it many times with my little daughter and given the additional content ‘Octopus's Garden’ provides, it can be recommended for your children, or as a nice gift for some other dear child.
on 29 October 2013
The book is just great fun!!! Gorgeous illustrations! Excellent materials and printing! The text in the book is just the song lyrics and small introductions on the cover, but that's fine! Great for reading with children. My family is happy with the book! Thank you, Ringo!!! Peace, Love & Octopuses. (CD includes 4 tracks: Ringo's introduction, rare version of the "Octopus's Garden" song, Ringo narrating the song's lyrics and instrumental track for karaoke singing)
on 28 November 2013
The singing, then having Ringo Starr himself read the book to my child was beyond cool! She is so excited about the colors, the CD, and the story itself. We love our purchase decision and give it a 10 star rating!!!