on 22 November 2016
This is the first book written by Richard Madeley that I've read and it will not be my last. It was full of twists and turns and intrigue. I would have preferred a happier ending but it certainly didn't spoil the book for me.
on 23 October 2013
The only negative criticism is the mystical rank of "Flight Commander" . I ,m quite sure he must have meant Flight Lieutenant.

No matter I enjoyed the many twists and turns the story took, right at the beginning one wondered where on earth we were going when two main characters as it were left!

Patience dear reader off we then go into a wonderful twisting and turning adventure .

If you like a bit of excitement - get it. Just a pity about the rank, but I served 37 years in the RAF - sorry Richard
on 8 May 2017
Well-drawn characters; a story with surprising twists and turns, yet believable. Real places are well-described. An exciting conclusion . A good read.
on 10 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I have read (or tried to read) many novels by celebrities who seem to have failed in their attempt to entertain but this one was a class above them. I look forward to reading The Way You Look Tonight.
on 15 November 2013
The story starts off well and is believable and holds the readers attention. As it progresses the plot becomes hard to accept as it is too fanciful and it is easy to pick holes and question the possibility of the twists. This makes concentration difficult. It is a pity that the author could not construct a more plausible final scenario
on 3 December 2017
I had no knowledge of Richard Madeley as a Writer and found this book interesting and well written with little anecdotes given information of the time and date this story was set in.
on 9 October 2017
I enjoyed this book immensely although I found it not totally believable. However, an interesting read. I recommend it for women.
on 21 July 2017
wifes purchase loves this type of book
on 14 August 2017
At first I wasn't too impressed with this book as it appeared a bit formulaic, but once I got into it there was a good story to be read. Surprisingly better than expected. He can spin a yarn, although it was a bit predictable.
on 9 April 2017
Good pace. Interesting plot with a bit of a twist at the end. An easy holiday read but quite compelling. Its the first time I've read a Richard Madly book but it may not be the last.