Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 May 2014
This caught my interest from the first page. I adored the main characters, and the book caught the 'living in a goldfish bowl' aspect of a clergyman's family beautifully. This was the first book by this author that I read, but I went on to read her other novels - and thoroughly enjoyed those, too!
on 27 February 2015
We all need to take time for ourselves. This book showed what can happen when emotional crisis happens and energy goes out the window. Some of the strange happenings should perhaps have evoked an earlier response in order to be more realistic, but having said that the whole story was gripping and very good, particularly if laid up with a bad back and in need of distraction!
The subject of unresolved or unspoken issues with deceased parents will touch the hearts of many as it did me. Vivienne Tuffnell will find her way to my kindle many times I suspect.
on 5 July 2014
I enjoyed this book greatly having read it in the "wilds" of Argyll at an isolated cottage off Loch Fyne, so I had time to do it justice.
My thanks goes to Vivienne Tuffnell for her insight.
on 6 February 2013
This was a readable book but not gripping and as it was not really my cup of tea I cant say that I would recommend it to anyone, but if this is the sort of thing for you then go ahead.
on 3 October 2012
I read this book on holiday in just two days. I couldn't put it down, it had me hooked from the very start.
I loved the little girl who thought she was a fairy princess, the harrassed mother, the understanding husband, the empathetic and helpful family.
I thought I knew what was going to happen quite early in but, then, the story takes a turn, things come to a head and you just have to read to the end to find out what happens.
It really is a great read!
on 11 October 2014
I loved this book and couldn't put it down! Have recommended to my friends who I know will enjoy it as much as I did, Am now looking for more of her books to read.
on 20 May 2013
This book was quite interesting, however I felt that at times it was rather laboured. The ending was unexpected though , so overall it was quite enjoyable.
on 15 October 2011
I loved Strangers and Pilgrims and I loved Away With the Fairies too. It's not often I can't sleep and on those few occasions it happens I usually lie awake and mentally rebuild my home or pondering a problem at work, never has the first thing that came to mind, when sleep didn't, been get your kindle and keep reading. That's what happened with Away with the Fairies. I took it with me on a visit read at any opportunity and finished it in the car on the way home. Absolutely brilliant I can't recommend it highly enough.

Janice
Away With The Fairies
on 17 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the theme it was based around and enjoyed how it developed and the message that came through at the end. I couldn't wait to get to the end to find out what was going on!!!!
on 21 January 2013
would have liked some of the characters more developed in places but an good read but predictability rating was about average so no surprises - wanted to be something its not- but showed promise in places.