on 31 May 2017
I read a reasonable amount, and Patrick here has engaged me like few others. The very moment I finished the Name of the Wind, I purchased The Wise Man's Fear.
It takes Kvothe's journey in a new direction away from the University and it is a brilliantly real yet fantastic experience to follow.

I cannot rate these books highly enough. Utterly engaging, i've struggled to put them down.
on 9 March 2017
With so many years between reading the first book and this one I did fear I might be lost on some things, but fear not it does not require extensive recall of The Name of the Wind. There is so much variety in the tale of Kvothe, and it draws you in completely. I just wish the third book would hurry up!
on 18 May 2017
If you've read the first book then you won't be reading this review because you'll just automatically buy it and love it like I do. If you haven't read the first book - go do it this instant. I'm off to the buy the third one right now...
on 18 July 2017
This is basically a good story which is hampered by long sections of nonsense. Fables and songs that go on and on interminably whilst adding very little to the storyline. At the same time there are really good ideas that the author fails to explore enough. The storyline also loses direction at times and doesn't really feel coherent. I did listen to the whole book, all 40+ hours, and did enjoy it on the whole. The reading is superb however and is probably one reason I was able to keep going. If you like fantasy and have a lot of time give this a go but you will need a lot of patience!
on 19 June 2017
Unbelievably good series, this book is even better than the first Name of the Wind. If you like fantasy books you'll love this series. Great story-line, fantastic characters highly recommended.
on 19 April 2017
A wonderful second book following the current and past life of Kvoth brilliantly. I thoroughly enjoyed the book from start to finish.
on 10 July 2017
It's been a while since I have read a book that enthralled me as much as this one (and "the name of the wind) did. Whenever I read it I just have to read one more chapter. And whenever I do manage to stop I can't stop thinking about the book.

Fantastic characters, fantastic story and a fantastic world. Everything a great fantasy book needs!
on 17 March 2017
Not quite as good as Name of The Wind but still an incredible read with great characters old and new.
on 4 July 2017
Did not close the book til the last page, gripping all the way, twists and turns, then it starts to gell
on 17 March 2017
An amazing tour de force. The depth of visualisation is up there with Tolkein